What ever happened to the "girl next door"

outcastsuperstar
Legend Bachelor

Post by outcastsuperstar » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:57 pm

This was a post made by James Bond from HB1

I have often wondered what ever happened to the good old fashioned "girl next door?" I mean back in the 50's most girls could be considered the girl next door type. Meaning they were wholesome, not sleeping around, polite, feminine and friendly. Now instead of the "girl next door" we have the "whore next door." This girl is sleeps around, has tatoos, body piercings, is unfeminine and has a bad attitiude. She is certainly not marriage material or even girlfriend material. So in America we have gone from the "girl next door" to the "whore next door." You saw some of these types of women on The Rock of Love with Brett Michaels over the past few weeks.

alabama777

Post by alabama777 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:16 am

[quote]This was a post made by James Bond from HB1

I have often wondered what ever happened to the good old fashioned "girl next door?" I mean back in the 50's most girls could be considered the girl next door type. Meaning they were wholesome, not sleeping around, polite, feminine and friendly. Now instead of the "girl next door" we have the "whore next door." This girl is sleeps around, has tatoos, body piercings, is unfeminine and has a bad attitiude. She is certainly not marriage material or even girlfriend material. So in America we have gone from the "girl next door" to the "whore next door." You saw some of these types of women on The Rock of Love with Brett Michaels over the past few weeks.
[/quote]

You reminded me about something very important. The thrill of the chase has been exiled. I think I actually enjoyed it more than the sex. Anticepation made it fun because she would make the guy wait. This was in the late 1970's to the mid 1980's for me. The longer I had to wait for sex, the more exciting it was when it happened.

Now, that is all gone. Sure, it is exciting to have more than one women to bang. But the thrill of the chase has definatly expired.

extraycrom

Post by extraycrom » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:51 am

I think the problem with chasing women is that when you catch them, your the one that falls in the trap.

MarkyMark
Happy Bachelor

Post by MarkyMark » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:48 pm

[quote]I think the problem with chasing women is that when you catch them, your the one that falls in the trap.[/quote]

Ka-ka-kaboom! Extraycrom DRILLS another one!

Modelautoman
Sage Bachelor

Post by Modelautoman » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:25 pm

Give that man another star!

analyzing
Sage Bachelor

Post by analyzing » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:37 pm

The girl next door is long gone yes indeed.

If you see one it's like seeing bigfoot.

superbad
Sage Bachelor

Post by superbad » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:02 pm

i know a "girl next door" type. she's 19, sweet, no tattoos, pleasant to hang with, has hobbies, dresses classy, a virgin, and is abstaining till marriage. her problem is...

attractive young guys are busy getting free sex. and most guys who do want to "settle down" are still dreamers; they want a family but can't even afford a pizza...

which brings me to this: getting laid when young only makes fools feel successful. without a plan, it's easy to spend the last 40 years of life as a slave and a pauper...

chasing women is for guys who are addicted to p-ssy. even a good woman is HUGE liability. young men, never forget your priority: giving YOURSELF future options.

MarcusAurelius
Professional Bachelor

Post by MarcusAurelius » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:55 pm

Well actually I'd make the case that there is no "girl next door" because we don't even know WHO the fuck is living next door anymore. In those days you knew your neighbors, they would come over for cookouts and there was a sense of community. Now its like we all want to hide behind our front doors. My girlfriend from the Phillipines was shocked to find out that I've been living in this apartment complex for almost 2 years now and don't know the name of even one of my neighbors. This is not because I'm not open or friendly. Despite being more introverted, most people TEND to think I'm an extrovert and are surprised when I tell them otherwise. But, all you get with them is a quick hello at best, and then they seem to quickly dart away as if afraid of further interaction. She has never seen anything like it. I guess in the Phillipines they have a much bigger sense of community, something utterly lost here.

rowingdude
Professional Bachelor

Post by rowingdude » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:58 pm

[quote]Well actually I'd make the case that there is no "girl next door" because we don't even know WHO the fuck is living next door anymore. In those days you knew your neighbors, they would come over for cookouts and there was a sense of community. Now its like we all want to hide behind our front doors. My girlfriend from the Phillipines was shocked to find out that I've been living in this apartment complex for almost 2 years now and don't know the name of even one of my neighbors. This is not because I'm not open or friendly. Despite being more introverted, most people TEND to think I'm an extrovert and are surprised when I tell them otherwise. But, all you get with them is a quick hello at best, and then they seem to quickly dart away as if afraid of further interaction. She has never seen anything like it. I guess in the Phillipines they have a much bigger sense of community, something utterly lost here.[/quote]

Not to thread jack, but America is a land of paradox.

On one hand we watch news where the deepest secrets of people's lives is exposed.

On the other hand, we avoid sharing our lives with anyone.

??

Prodigal Son
Legend Bachelor

Post by Prodigal Son » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:56 pm

She became a whore with society's backing, at least that's what I think.

I used to live next door to what I thought was the absolute perfect woman when I was a little boy, she was beautiful and had her whole life ahead of her... guess what she did? started hanging around with bad boys and getting in trouble, doing drugs and drink and sleeping around with all sorts of people which eventually led to her being pregnant and homeless because she brought so much trouble to her parents door that they just couldn't take anymore, can't say I blame them. They were good, wholesome people. I haven't heard or seen this girl in years but the last I did here she wasn't doing to well and honestly? she only has herself to blame because she had more chances that most get to suceed and do well in life and she was too stupid to realise this.

boogyman

Post by boogyman » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:56 pm

[quote]Well actually I'd make the case that there is no "girl next door" because we don't even know WHO the fuck is living next door anymore. In those days you knew your neighbors, they would come over for cookouts and there was a sense of community. Now its like we all want to hide behind our front doors. My girlfriend from the Phillipines was shocked to find out that I've been living in this apartment complex for almost 2 years now and don't know the name of even one of my neighbors. This is not because I'm not open or friendly. Despite being more introverted, most people TEND to think I'm an extrovert and are surprised when I tell them otherwise. But, all you get with them is a quick hello at best, and then they seem to quickly dart away as if afraid of further interaction. She has never seen anything like it. I guess in the Phillipines they have a much bigger sense of community, something utterly lost here.[/quote]

My cousin married a girl from over there and moved her into his beautiful country farmhouse with acreage over here. She couldn't stand the isolation so he ended up selling his farm and buying a house in town which I know he hated to do since he has always been a country boy. The power of pussy I guess.

Well, like you mentioned even the folks in town keep to themselves for the most part these days so she ended up homesick as hell anyhow. They are constantly flying her family over here or her and the kids over there to keep her sane. Not to mention all the long distance phone calls. Of course he foots the bill for all of this.

Point being Filipinos are VERY gregarious by nature, the females especially so. They are NOT the quiet barefoot and pregnant housewife type with a path worn between the kitchen and bedroom. Do not marry one unless you are big into socializing and having her constantly involved with the lives of her extended family network and them with yours. You'll be the greedy asshole American if you don't help pay for Uncle Rizal's knee surgery.

smogboy

Post by smogboy » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:04 pm

[quote]Well, like you mentioned even the folks in town keep to themselves for the most part these days so she ended up homesick as hell anyhow. They are constantly flying her family over here or her and the kids over there to keep her sane. Not to mention all the long distance phone calls. Of course he foots the bill for all of this.

Point being Filipinos are VERY gregarious by nature, the females especially so. They are NOT the quiet barefoot and pregnant housewife type with a path worn between the kitchen and bedroom. Do not marry one unless you are big into socializing and having her constantly involved with the lives of her extended family network and them with yours. You'll be the greedy asshole American if you don't help pay for Uncle Rizal's knee surgery.[/quote]
This sounds like my worst nightmare.

superbad
Sage Bachelor

Post by superbad » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:47 pm

amen . truth is, in time, they are ALL nightmares. women are like stocks, the key to a good ride is simply to get the hell out before they peak. you can NEVER go wrong dumping a chick.

MarcusAurelius
Professional Bachelor

Post by MarcusAurelius » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:40 pm

Lol I get what you are saying MR&B.....which what you said...to me...really isn't so bad. It is more the traditional role of a female IMO. You EXPECT this. Lol I'll take flying out to or flying in family as opposed to the Ameribitch Sessions of Starbucks and discussing how horrible their men are and how they should leave them etc. Much better than the Real Housewives scenario haha. The family thing is good. I think its the Catholic influence. You see the same trend with a highly influenced Roman Catholic philosophy applied to modern life. A lot of Italians I've known are the same way.

Its certainly preferable to western isolationism. I think this is why so many people in our country are depressed and using anti depressants...because they don't have enough people around them. Even are friendships are becoming more and more superficial...write something on their wall as opposed to actually going and seeing them.

dwyer

Post by dwyer » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:11 am

The girl next door is dead.
They bought the mass media crap, like the idiots they are, and believe they are entitled to everything in the world.
I see the daughters of people I know and they are all spoiled brats. The mothers buy them everything and let them do anything, so that they will be "friends" later in life. The husband just foots the bill, you think he has a choice about how a women raises her daughter?The women want to give them all the things they didn't have as a child. They don't realize that spoiling a child is not the best way to prepare a person for future life.
The daughter learns men are to be used and believes she is a princess, who is entitled or deserves everything. Work for it, what's that?She just pouts and mommy and daddy come running to the rescue.
She gets into her twenties and accumes major debt buying thing for herself and her skank lifestyle. When they realize that can't pay for themselves, they look for a man to foot the bill but she ain't the girl next door anymore, more like the girl in the next store, spending, spending, spending,..

superbad
Sage Bachelor

Post by superbad » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:35 pm

, a man who's been eating toast all his life will certainly enjoy a steak. the key is to enjoy the steak; but see it as temporal. a man's tastes will change. and the steak will get old.

EXACTLY , great post.

enigma

Post by enigma » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:52 pm

[quote].... you can NEVER go wrong dumping a chick. [/quote]

LOL I love this board.

MarcusAurelius
Professional Bachelor

Post by MarcusAurelius » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:29 pm

lol indeed superbad