Why is status and popularity so important?

outcastsuperstar
Legend Bachelor

Post by outcastsuperstar » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:54 pm

This was a post made my bachelorbrit from HB1

I ask this because women generally look down on men like me who are independent men but who are not popular and are basically loners. I prefer my own company, maybe I just got used to this over the years but I have been comfortable being without friends for most of my life.

Anyway apart from that it seems "your job" is important to potential "partners" according to my mother. Let me just say now unfortunately I am not one of these highly clever guys that can land professional high paying careers because I simply do not have the experience or brains for it. I feel I am intelligent knowledge wise but I have to face the fact I will have to take up one of these crappy jobs which would instantly put me in the "loser" category with women I guess.

So I was looking at a few jobs in the paper, one was a furniture mover and another was recycling or something of that description. I told my mum that I would apply for the recycling job when she said "why not go for the furniture job instead?" I questioned her on why she said that and she replied back to me "I think it is a lot better to be a furniture mover than someone who recycles because it will look better when you tell anyone about your job" :roll: I basically kind of laughed slightly and said so In other words goldiggers will care about my job then? and she did not say a word, and that said it all really she knew I was right. ;)

Crappy job or not I am not out to gain approval from women about my job or anyone else for that matter.

smogboy

Post by smogboy » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:18 pm

Besides, one need not reveal the nature of ones job. When asked, "What do you do for a living?" I almost always answer with something different every time. Or the boilerplate, "I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you." which is just a polite way of saying, "It's none of your business."

The last time someone asked I said, "I'm a professional gambler." which is funny because I live in a state in which gambling is illegal. I also use, "I'm in computers." a lot which usually ends the small talk, but if it doesn't I know enough technobabble to convince anyone.

Modelautoman
Sage Bachelor

Post by Modelautoman » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:14 pm

Status and popularity are important because women are hardwired to
go for alpha men. Its been that way for centuries. I admit I am one of
the beta men, a trait undesireable to most women.

oldschoolbmx37

Post by oldschoolbmx37 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:25 pm

I've not had friends to hang out with in YEARS, and don't miss it at all, really. However, women cannot understand that many men prefer to be on their own. A few years ago, I actually had a girl break up with me because I didn't have any friends, and she couldn't understand that. After I explained that I moved 400 miles away from home, and my friends from back there scattered around the country as well, to find work and jobs and be successful and all of that, since we grew up in a relatively small suburban town with not a lot of options, it still didn't make any difference. I was "weird" and yes, "a loser" because I didn't want to go out to the bar to "be seen" and make new "drinkin' buddies."

stupid bitch.

alabama777

Post by alabama777 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:52 pm

[quote]This was a post made my bachelorbrit from HB1

I ask this because women generally look down on men like me who are independent men but who are not popular and are basically loners. I prefer my own company, maybe I just got used to this over the years but I have been comfortable being without friends for most of my life.

Anyway apart from that it seems "your job" is important to potential "partners" according to my mother. Let me just say now unfortunately I am not one of these highly clever guys that can land professional high paying careers because I simply do not have the experience or brains for it. I feel I am intelligent knowledge wise but I have to face the fact I will have to take up one of these crappy jobs which would instantly put me in the "loser" category with women I guess.

So I was looking at a few jobs in the paper, one was a furniture mover and another was recycling or something of that description. I told my mum that I would apply for the recycling job when she said "why not go for the furniture job instead?" I questioned her on why she said that and she replied back to me "I think it is a lot better to be a furniture mover than someone who recycles because it will look better when you tell anyone about your job" :roll: I basically kind of laughed slightly and said so In other words goldiggers will care about my job then? and she did not say a word, and that said it all really she knew I was right. ;)

Crappy job or not I am not out to gain approval from women about my job or anyone else for that matter. [/quote]

First, mothers will tend to always look at anything through their gender. My mom is the same.

If you enjoy your job, you are already wayyyyyyyyy ahead of most guys. It is so important to love what you. I managed a few family businesses for about 15 years. I truly hated it my job even though I made quite a bit of money. There were many reasons for this. But the important thing that i was miserable. Unfortunately, I married a trophy wife who only had money in her pea brain. I paid dearly for that galactic mistake. Well, the family businesses went bankrupt because of inner family problems. My hobbie was computers at the time. So, I trained myself in this area. Today I am very happy in my line of work. The point is not about computers, it is about doing something that u like to do even if you are not paid.

So, if a woman doesn't like what u do, then that is a very very important filter to have as u date. I didn't have one so I paid the price.

sjenner
In a class of his own

Post by sjenner » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:55 am

For me, I prefer to spend most of my free time outside of work alone or with one close friend. I actually do not care much for most social activities. Why? Because people tend to be arrogant, clickish, selfish and boorish! Since I travel for business and attend a lot of social events, I feel uncomfortable in many cases because most guys in the professional field are married already with kids and they do make single bachelors feel uncomfortable in many times.

brucethehun
Bachelor

Post by brucethehun » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:20 am

I feel as all of the above. It is really difficult for a natural introvert to explain to an extrovert or typical PUA type, that however, delectable the pleasures of the flesh, for an introvert it is not worth the cost of pursuing.
Regarding the quest for status, the novelist Tom Wolfe, not to be confused with the truly great Thomas Wolfe, is obsessed with the theme of status seeking. He overkills the topic and I find him boring. But he is praised for his literary description of how it undermines all social life.

rebel

Post by rebel » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:57 am

Somewhere in the South Seas, there are birds commonly called birds of paradise.
The males are very beautiful with their multicolored fathers. When they court a female, they take postures that are comical and artistic. Also, they decorate their nest with all sorts of shiny things in order to attrack a female that is so plain looking that it hurts. Makes you wonder why the male bird did all these things for just THAT?
Fucking stupid bird!

Well, the bird of paradise, although very nice looking, is still a silly bird.

Men who take on jobs to attrack human females in estrus are behaving in exactly the same way as birds of paradise.

analyzing
Sage Bachelor

Post by analyzing » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:01 pm

[quote]
Somewhere in the South Seas, there are birds commonly called birds of paradise.
The males are very beautiful with their multicolored fathers. When they court a female, they take postures that are comical and artistic. Also, they decorate their nest with all sorts of shiny things in order to attrack a female that is so plain looking that it hurts. Makes you wonder why the male bird did all these things for just THAT?
Fucking stupid bird!

Well, the bird of paradise, although very nice looking, is still a silly bird.

Men who take on jobs to attrack human females in estrus are behaving in exactly the same way as birds of paradise.

[/quote]

LOL... superb analogy

sjhawk28
Bachelor

Re: Why is status and popularity so important?

Post by sjhawk28 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:48 am

I am a loner too. I always enjoyed being alone and tinkering with different projects. I have had a very small number of friends throughout the years and I am fine by that. I was the invisible man to women most of my life up until recently, but I am still quite content with not being an attention whore.

Most men are generally not as friend oriented like women are with each other. Men really do not like throwing stupid parties for themselves either. Generally it is the mangina metrosexuals who like to have lots of friends and act like circus dogs trying to impress women with their stupid parties.

I generally do not like people either. People truly annoy men, especially women and mangina metrosexuals. Especially, hate the tight suits and flood pants that mangina metrosexuals wear and the Jeff Goldblum style cadence they use with their other mangina metrosexual friends.