Men unable to buy things without asking wife

outcastsuperstar
Legend Bachelor

Post by outcastsuperstar » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:31 pm

This was a fascinating post made by Will N Dowd over at Happier abroad but I think this is a subject matter that may very well fascinate us bachelors as well.

Anyway here it is

http://www.happierabroad.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=8473

I work in a High-End Audio/Video Retail Store in Vancouver, BC, Canada. It has been my only job for 18 years running now!
Needless to say I have talked to a lot of people over that time and sold a lot of equipment. I was interested to know if any one else had input on if the subject of men unable to buy things without talking to their wives or girlfriends first. It is an absolute epidemic here! I think the whole issue relates back to Western Women controlling men. I can't tell you how many men say they can't buy things without talking to "The Boss" or "The Wife" as they call her. It is absolutely pathetic, they can't do anything without asking first. Even though chances are they make the money, they can't spend it without asking. Even worse, they ask their wives for advice on stuff they know nothing about! I think that most men have an interest in Electronics, and are always looking to upgrade their Equipment. Just like most women have an interest in makeup and shoes and clothes. The difference is that Western Men have to ask their wives about which Blu-ray player they can buy, or which size TV they can buy, or what size and color speakers they can buy, even though the Women know nothing about the equipment, and didn't make any of the money used to buy it. On the other hand the Women will go out and buy whatever shoes, perfume, clothes and makeup they want without ever asking the men, and will spend money the Man made working hard! Is this only a Western culture problem? What is it like elsewhere? Here it is completely ridiculous, Western Men are whipped p**sies, they can't even spend their own money on things they want and know more about, without talking to the so-called "Boss". Even calling their wives the Boss shows what wimps they are.

A lot of men will come back to the store after I spoke to them. They will bring in "the Boss" and all the products they looked at alone will be vetoed because the color is wrong, the design is bad, the price is too high etc... In the end they will end up buying what their wife likes, but knows nothing about, or buying nothing, because their wife likes nothing!

I would love to hear other peoples opinions on the subject, it really fascinates me.

alabama777

Post by alabama777 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:30 am

hahahahahahaha,,,,This describes my bro's bitchboss. So pathetic and soooooo funnnnnny. This is a great article to put up in the forum! I have been divorced for ten years and I occasionally had to check in with da bloody tampon for purchases. Obviously, things are worse now! Hard to believe guys would trade FREEDOM for highly limited(maybe none at all) p*ssy.
Most broads are brainless about electronics(actually, their brains are smaller) and make choices by the color, shape or flashy-ness something.
oh, HP has hired a "broad" for marketing and U can guess what will fill the cio position!

Awesomo

Post by Awesomo » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:00 am

Well, in my humble opinion, if two people have joint finances, all major purchases should be discussed. They should both have a certain amount of fun money they can spend on anything they want though, whether be it big screen tvs, stereo systems or shoes. Other than that, spending and investing should be discussed so they can make sure its in line with their long term financial plan.

However, I realize that in reality, relationships dont always work that way. A lot of the time its just the woman who nags and manipulates so shell get her way in the end and thats the part I personally have problems with, not that you have to discuss a purchase.

superbad
Sage Bachelor

Post by superbad » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:00 am

HA! i would NEVER trust a woman enough to giver her my credit card.

rorschach
Bachelor

Post by rorschach » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:28 am

I came into work on my motorbike yesterday and two married guys in the office were both talking about how their wives wouldn't let them have one, then the conversation led on to all the other stuff they can't do because they are married ... and then I pointed out to them just what they were saying.

The best thing they could come up with then about being married was their children ... which then led to a discussion about how easy it is for wives to end up with the children and the husband might never see them again. For some reason I was the only one smiling :D

MarkyMark
Happy Bachelor

Post by MarkyMark » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:47 am

Guys,

I remember reading an article about boats and boat shows some years ago. I remember one, telling line from the piece: salesmen quoted in the piece said that, if they didn't sell to the WOMAN, they didn't make the sale...

MarkyMark

stainlesssteelrat

Post by stainlesssteelrat » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:12 pm

How about buying whatever you want, whenever you want, through the simple and easy method of not getting married?

How about buying whatever you want, forever? Never, ever, ever
having to consult with anyone?

Life can be grand.

Prodigal Son
Legend Bachelor

Post by Prodigal Son » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:52 pm

I know of a few men in this situation and I can only shake my head in disbelief,
No man should have to ask permission to buy anything and those that do need to man up.

A happy and free,
~ Prodigal Son

extraycrom

Post by extraycrom » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:04 pm

I'm retired but last year I got tired of sitting around and got a job as a car salesman.

It lasted 3 months. Any way in training we were taught to in the words of my female trainer "When selling a car always Pitch the Bitch". true story

superbad
Sage Bachelor

Post by superbad » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:05 pm

honey, can i buy a Slim Jim? :P

future303
Happy Bachelor

Post by future303 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:30 pm

[quote]Well, in my humble opinion, if two people have joint finances, all major purchases should be discussed. They should both have a certain amount of fun money they can spend on anything they want though, whether be it big screen tvs, stereo systems or shoes. Other than that, spending and investing should be discussed so they can make sure its in line with their long term financial plan.

However, I realize that in reality, relationships dont always work that way. A lot of the time its just the woman who nags and manipulates so shell get her way in the end and thats the part I personally have problems with, not that you have to discuss a purchase.
[/quote]

It's funny you mention this. This whole thread reminded me of one of the car forums I hang out at.

Occassionally I'll see a post similar to this: "Guys! The wife let me buy that performance part!!" or "The wifey said it was ok to get that new car I saw at the dealer!!" And it sickens me. I usally post in those threads with something like "Hey if I want to buy a supercharger or some other performance part, I walk into the shop, put some cold hard cash on the table and drive home with my new shit. I don't need to ask ANYONE for permission!!" to which people will reply with something like "Well, I can't do that, I have my kids that need this/that and we can't afford too many toys". Then I reply "well buddy, there's a different between you and the wife sitting down and discussing the finances and what's best for the family, like if you have 4 kids, you're gonna need a Minivan, not some two seater with a 8L V10. THAT I can understand! But your post didn't say "Discussed with the wife and we found some leeway so I can get a toy....." your post said "My wife let me buy so and so!! because if she says no, I can't have it!" to which I say, you're sad.

superbad
Sage Bachelor

Post by superbad » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:57 am

most males spend their time trying to look desirable to women. so a vagina comes along and suckers them into marriage, kids, house, etc. then their time is consumed by bills, chaos, drama, pseudo-"emergencies", noise, and nonsense. witness all the fake bad asses who are as emotionally fragile as snowflakes. women wage war via deception. so why can't a male, who could easily overpower his spouse, buy that Slim Jim? because his woman runs psyops... day and night. guys who are "evil" enough to just go in and bomb the chick's emotional infrastructure and then do a bomb damage assessment... don't end up married.

boogyman

Post by boogyman » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:46 am

Not only unable to buy cool things things but unable to keep the cool things you already have. Got a great deal on some guns and ammo because my co-workers hormonal and hysterical pregnant wife wanted them out of the house before the baby was born.

Something she read in one of those parenting mags on how to prepare the house for children by putting up poisons, ridding the house of hubbies firearms, putting safety plugs in the electric outlets, etc.

Like a newborn infant is going to have the strength to pull the folding stairs down, crawl up those steep steps into the attic, turn the dial on the safe to the right combination, get the ammo out of the cans which are a bitch to open. Load the weapon/magazine correctly with the right ammo, switch the safety off, and cock the bolt back.

Better chance of drowning in an inch of water in the bathtub because mother turns her back for a minute to answer the phone but he caved and sold his collection because "If Momma isn't happy no ones happy". :roll:

No, I am not selling the dumbass his guns back in 10 years when he comes to his senses and wants to take Junior out hunting or target shooting.

superbad
Sage Bachelor

Post by superbad » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:28 am

[quote]"If Momma isn't happy no ones happy". [/quote]
LOL , what a classic... emotional extortion.

recluse
In a class of his own

Post by recluse » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:15 am

[quote]
[/quote]

Emotional terrorism

sjenner
In a class of his own

Post by sjenner » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:25 am

+1 superbad. I bought two nice pairs of jeans this weekend and some Drakkar cologne- not much and like to look feel and smell good for my trip to South America!

MarcusAurelius
Professional Bachelor

Post by MarcusAurelius » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:29 am

lol Drakkar is good cologne I like that one myself.

Grimjack
Bachelor Awareness

Post by Grimjack » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:17 pm

[quote]
[/quote]

I hate this phrase most of all. Its not like giving the wife her way will make you happy, You'll be pissed cause you didn't get what you wanted, but at least the bitch won't nag you....Think I'd rather deal with the nagging and do what I want :D

elric

Post by elric » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:49 pm

I bought myself and my friend Givenchy Pi in Paris, France. Seems the girls loves that smell whenever one of us is around chicks... especially the European chicks in Europe.

salinger

Post by salinger » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:06 pm

[quote] If Momma isn't happy no ones happy[/quote]

This sums up nicely why I will remain a bachelor.

The self-absorption, entitlement and narcissism just drips off this sentence, as does the truism that women feel absolutely no remorse for making a man's life a living hell at the drop of a hat.

2wize
Legend Bachelor

Post by 2wize » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:40 pm

alabama777: "Hard to believe guys would trade FREEDOM for highly limited(maybe none at all) p*ssy."

Exactly!

Superbad: "[...]bomb the chick's emotional infrastructure[...]"

ROFL!

kingoleer

Post by kingoleer » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:24 pm

You know what is funny? I worked at a retailer in the American Southeast, Tennessee to be exact and it was always the opposite. Women would put things back or ask me if it was ok to leave them at the counter because they knew their husbands wouldn't approve of the purchase. There are pockets of normalcy out there but they are far from the great city centers or "cosmopolitan" areas of our nation.