The Paradox of loneliness

manasmaker

Post by manasmaker » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:34 am

I am fairly new here myself hardboiled and from England, hi to you and welcome.

I would say the first thing to do is differentiate between loneliness and being alone through choice , I have learned to really cherish my alone times , it gives me space to think and plan in peace without the constant distraction of people twittering on and on.

Secondly I have found it a great mutual benefit to develop good and strong friendships with other men who are loyal to and support each other through difficult times

And thirdly to try and develop a mindset where you do not need or even want a relationship or dating with women until you settle in your mind what exactly it is that you do want out of life.

Then if you do genuinely start to feel that way , women will be attracted to you whether you then still want them or not , best to do without them IMO altogether.

Have a good read of the threads and articles in here about the real nature of women and learn what they are about and then think about where your place is in all of it , I think you will quickly see that the price of being in a couple with a woman is not worth paying , they have destroyed many good mens health wealth and happiness.

There are some very wise and insightful men on here who will most likely be along to advise you further , not sure what the time differences are where you are and the USA so sometimes posts are not answered for a few hours .

epmd

Post by epmd » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:01 pm

[quote]develop a mindset where you do not need or even want a relationship or dating with women until you settle in your mind what exactly it is that you do want out of life[/quote]

I think that is awesome advice!

Try to find a relationship that will complement your lifestyle, not turn you into something you don't want to be. If you do the things you love, somewhere along the line you will make friendships and relationships with others who love the same things.

christopheroregon
Legend Bachelor

Post by christopheroregon » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:35 am

If you miss "kissing", then buy yourself a dog. The beast will be overjoyed at the prospect of swapping slobber with you.

Sheesh.

CIO

brucethehun
Bachelor

Post by brucethehun » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:27 am

It also helps to remind yourself what you are missing by not latching onto a creature like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYpwAtnywTk
Such mesmerizing beauty!

biglouis400

Post by biglouis400 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:21 pm

Here is a sure fire cure for loneliness:just go to the food store, WalMart or Target store and look at the couples there. Yuck! You will run home, lock the door and be glad to be alone!

oldschoolbmx37

Post by oldschoolbmx37 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:27 pm

"But now that she has allowed me to have face-to-face conversations with her, I've realized how deep her crow's feet are. I can't believe it. Even with thick makeup she has deeper crows' feet than my over 50-yrs old mother. The rest of the face is still pretty, though.
But that really was a shocker. I never thought that maekup could be so effective - at least at a distance."

Alex, it's like that old saying... "Beat it to fit, paint it to match."

billybob1973
Probie

Post by billybob1973 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:03 pm

i'd much rather feel lonely than have bad company.

smogboy

Post by smogboy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:31 pm

"I'm runnin' with the pack" -

No, wait, it actually is relevant. Put on some good music of your choice...loneliness gone! None of the Paul McCartney shit or chick-flick musak though.

edred30

Post by edred30 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:42 pm

Most of the discomfort from being alone disappears with age and perspective. I now realize that having company is way overrated. Even so, I do like a little company every now and then. A lot of wanting company is an ego phenomenon....."am I interesting enough for someone to want to hang around me, am I desirable, etc."