Professional Bachelor

My Take On "All Women Aren't Like That"

Post by MarcusAurelius » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:14 am

Great posts, yours and Happy Ghosts.

It is the sobering truth.

edred30

Post by edred30 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:03 am

At this moment I am trying to teach my nephew (who lives in Frankfurt, Germany) the Superbad lesson--that women are terrible investments and that if he buys the cow he is in for it. He is still in the "but the trick is to find the right one" mode. He just earned his PhD in Theoretical Physics a few weeks ago, which does not translate into knowledge about the nature of women.

superbad
Sage Bachelor

Post by superbad » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:45 am

, it was college, the 80's, her dad was a Navy man, her mom a housewife. she was a virgin who pursued me: that's my MO. on my birthday, she said she had a surprise. about midnight she came by with 2 shot glasses and a bottle, got loaded, took off her pants and shirt, hopped under the covers, then threw her bra and undies on the floor. i cut most my classes in college; it's all a blur. if i left for Bangkok and did bar girls till i dropped, it'd never amount to a year with that chick. i was young, in top shape, and dating a stalker. 8-) i did not know when to end it, i did bailed early. no drama. the last day i saw her, she was tied up in her bed. i never did ask her out.

thank you .

stevec

Post by stevec » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:27 pm

Men, if you do want to get married and think you have found one of the 5% of women who are still marriage material, I cannot emphasize how important it is to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

When I say prepare, I mean things like offshore accounts, hidden trusts, basically anything that prevents the courts and cupcake from getting their hands on your assets in the event of a divorce.

If you have planned well, then you have the upper hand in the relationship because anytime she is out of line, you can leave suffering only minor financial repurcussions.

MarcusAurelius
Professional Bachelor

Post by MarcusAurelius » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:53 am

superbad......that women are turds post is awesome. +1

superbad
Sage Bachelor

Post by superbad » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:56 am

thank you kindly

future303
Happy Bachelor

Post by future303 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:51 pm

[quote]
You're analysis is good, and I agree.

However, there is a flaw in your logic. It is not true that there is no consequence to avoiding women (in the sense of marriage or long term commitment).

It means no children. You can debate the importance of children but it is a substantial consequence. Many men do want children.
[/quote]

That's true in some cases. Thank God I'm not one of them.

I can see the appeal of kids to some guys. I guess they imagine that they will have a little tyke who will play catch with them, and they can show them their car, and other bs like that. Then the wife ends up pregnant with a girl and well, there goes that. Or the little tyke locks himself in the computer room and hates all the "old guy" stuff his dad was hoping to "share".

Anyway none of this appeals to me one iota. The only thing I would want from a marriage is steady sex, that's it. And we know how that ends up for guys.

So Why should I "get some" for the first two years while the bitch gets her kids, and then get cut off permanently and still have to foot the bill for life?

Ergo, I will stick with option #1

stevec

Post by stevec » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:09 pm

If you have dual citizenship, you can threaten to expat and not pay a penny to her. There are some men who just leave the US for good and don't look back.

inplainsight
Legend Bachelor

Re: My Take On "All Women Aren't Like That"

Post by inplainsight » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:43 am

The hand grenade analogy instantly reminded me of Schopenhauer's observation:

"Marrying means to grasp blindfolded into a sack hoping to find an eel amongst an assembly of snakes" - Schopenhauer

The truth really is timeless. I am so fortunate to have discovered and have been accepted as a member of this board.

Gratefully,
inplainsight
Paradoxically, the most pleasurable life is actually the life in which we avoid chasing after pleasures altogether - Epicurus