Being An Independent Bachelor

hhb
Sage Bachelor

Post by hhb » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:34 pm

Gentlemen,

As an independent bachelor I live my life on my terms. I do not care what women or society thinks about me in general. I do not succumb to societal pressure or demands. I refuse to even consider marriage and women do not have anything to offer me, except being a pain. I have never understood why men think that not having a wife or girl friend does not make you a complete man. Bullocks, I say.

As an independent bachelor I have life by the balls. I can do anything I want, when I want. I do not have to ask for permission. For example, next year I plan on learning how to scuba dive. Next week, I am taking my BMW M Roadster on a short road trip .I also, collect guns. I always have a project of some sort that keeps me busy.

I do not need anyone to validate me as a human being. People in generally have to accept me for who I am. If not, bye. Happiness begins with me. I do not need an amoral woman in my life to destroy my goals, health and finances. I can do it on my own, if I choose to.

HHB3

mrr

Post by mrr » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:09 pm

[quote]Gentlemen,

As an independent bachelor I live my life on my terms. I do not care what women or society thinks about me in general. I do not succumb to societal pressure or demands. I refuse to even consider marriage and women do not have anything to offer me, except being a pain. I have never understood why men think that not having a wife or girl friend does not make you a complete man. Bullocks, I say.

As an independent bachelor I have life by the balls. I can do anything I want, when I want. I do not have to ask for permission. For example, next year I plan on learning how to scuba dive. Next week, I am taking my BMW M Roadster on a short road trip .I also, collect guns. I always have a project of some sort that keeps me busy.

I do not need anyone to validate me as a human being. People in generally have to accept me for who I am. If not, bye. Happiness begins with me. I do not need an amoral woman in my life to destroy my goals, health and finances. I can do it on my own, if I choose to.

HHB3
[/quote]

Excellent post. I agree 100%. Exaltations to you sir!

hhb
Sage Bachelor

Post by hhb » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:23 pm

Mr. R,

Thanks for your post.

HHB3

christopheroregon
Legend Bachelor

Post by christopheroregon » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:19 am

Good man!

Independence is the name of the game. Don't spend any time worrying about the opinions of the women and "men" that dominate this insipid matriarchy we inhabit.

What kind of guns do you have?

Christopher in Oregon

MarcusAurelius
Professional Bachelor

Post by MarcusAurelius » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:37 am

Right on man! I've found that too, being a bachelor. Returned to school, pursuing my theological studies. Focusing on what I want. What God wants. Its so nice to just come home and think to myself WHAT DO I WANT TO DO TONIGHT? Just that thought alone makes me a happy bachelor. Even something as simple as decorating my apartment the way I want it to look is edifying. Some could call it selfish, it isn't...when I was in a relationship I was always the selfless one, who put the needs of the other in front of me...and yep...I was the nice guy...so you know where that gets ya. Happy bachelor indeed! Like Mel Gibson in Braveheart yelling FREEEEEDOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!

hhb
Sage Bachelor

Post by hhb » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:53 am

Christopher in Oregon,

I have the following weapons:

Rifles: I have an H&K 91, H&K 93, H&K SL-8, Colt AR/15 and FN-FAL SA-58

Shotgun; Remmington 870 marine

Pistols: Glock 30, Glock 21, Glock 27, Springfield Operator 1911, and a Springfield XD Compact .45

All of pistols I own are .45 , except for the Glock 27.

You can never have too many guns.

HHB3

christopheroregon
Legend Bachelor

Post by christopheroregon » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:38 am

HHb;

Wow. I'm impressed. I'm just starting to build my collection back up, and have been investing primarily in ammo for obvious reasons lately. We'll have to talk more later.

Christopher in Oregon

hhb
Sage Bachelor

Post by hhb » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:24 am

Christopher in Oregon,

Ammo is important. I have buying ammo for the past 3 years. But, quality weapons are a must. In addition, you must learn how to repair and field strip each weapon. Every weapon that own I spend a few weeks with learning how to field strip them. All the weapons that I own are expensive and require a monthly maintenance.

HHB3

hhb
Sage Bachelor

Post by hhb » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:28 am

Christopher in Oregon,

Ammo is important. I have buying ammo for the past 3 years. But, quality weapons are a must. In addition, you must learn how to repair and field strip each weapon. Every weapon that own I spend a few weeks with learning how to field strip them. All the weapons that I own are expensive and require a monthly maintenance.

HHB3

sjenner
In a class of his own

Post by sjenner » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:52 pm

Agree- I used to have an AK-47 years ago when they were actually legal to own and buy in California before the communists took control of the California state government. What a blast it was! I need to move to a state that allows full automatic weapons. So much fun and always best to be prepared.

Roughneck Jase
Sage Bachelor

Post by Roughneck Jase » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:53 pm

[quote]Christopher in Oregon,

I have the following weapons:

Rifles: I have an H&K 91, H&K 93, H&K SL-8, Colt AR/15 and FN-FAL SA-58

Shotgun; Remmington 870 marine

Pistols: Glock 30, Glock 21, Glock 27, Springfield Operator 1911, and a Springfield XD Compact .45

All of pistols I own are .45 , except for the Glock 27.

You can never have too many guns.

HHB3[/quote]

Nice collection, hhb.

I too am a firearm owner and I enjoy going target shooting at my local rifle range when I've got some time and money up my sleeve.

The firearms that I currently own include the following...

1) Lee-Enfield No.4 MkI/3 bolt-action rifle

2) Israeli Mauser Kar98k bolt-action rifle

3) Mosin-Nagant M1944 bolt-action carbine

It's not much, but it's something.

hhb
Sage Bachelor

Post by hhb » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:23 pm

Roughneckjase,

Nice collection. I noticed that all of those weapons were bolt action. Are those the kind of weapons that you are allowed to own? I thought you were under a gun ban.

HHB3

Roughneck Jase
Sage Bachelor

Post by Roughneck Jase » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:28 pm

[quote]Roughneckjase,

Nice collection. I noticed that all of those weapons were bolt action. Are those the kind of weapons that you are allowed to own? I thought you were under a gun ban.

HHB3[/quote]

hhb,

The vast majority of Australia's licenced, law-abiding firearm owners (i.e. recreational and competitive target shooters and recreational hunters) are banned and restricted from legally owning fully-functional semi-auto longarms and pump-action shotguns. The only ones that are exempt from these moronic bans and restrictions are the professional hunters and farmers, who can legally own and use fully-functioning semi-auto longarms and pump-action shotguns. Blame former Australian Prime Minister John Howard for rapidly introducing these stupid laws in the immediate aftermath of the Port Arthur Massacre in April 1996.

If I or any other Australian wants to own ex-military and military-style semi-automatic rifles, we have to apply for a Firearms Collectors Licence and have the firearms rendered permantely inoperable i.e. have the barrel plugged up and the action welded shut.

What's ironic about owning the firearms that I currently own is that these rifles are still seeing action in the hands of insurgents in places like Afghanistan, Iraq and India (where there is a growing Maoist insurgency in a number of Indian states). When somebody spurts out the usual anti-gun BS of continuing the bans and restrictions on semi-auto longarms and pump-action shotguns, I tell them that the firearms that are still legal to own are still being used by insurgents and other warring factions in numerous conflicts worldwide in order to destroy their views and positions.

P.S. hhb. What's really ironic about the firearms that I currently own is that these firearms are still serviceable and useable as infantry weapons in this day and age. Makes you think, huh?