Me? Selfish?

christopheroregon
Legend Bachelor

Me? Selfish?

Post by christopheroregon » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:52 am

Well, it's official. I'm selfish. Or so I'm told.

I was sitting around at work today with a bunch of friends of mine, all single guys and mostly deputies for my county along with two corrections department employees, when along came a woman who works in another department that has no connection to us whatsoever. So, safe to give her hell if necessary. Probably. Anyway, we had enough witnesses just in case. We all know her, or at least her reputation. And no one likes her. She always wants to hang with the guys. Never the women. They hate her, it seems. Personally, I think she's a little gay, but that's just an opinion. Could be wrong.

We had been sitting around discussing the upcoming weekend. Most of these guys are coming over for our bi-weekly cigar and pipe fest Saturday, so she was curious about our festivities.

It's no secret that I'm the ring leader of this group, and she bustled right up to me and said "Can a girl tag along?"

First, a bit of background. She's 30ish, with a lot of wear. She's no bum; just.....abrasive. And annoying. A know-it-all. Not bad looking in a female-jockish kind of way.

We all looked at each other, and then all eyes fell on me waiting for me to answer. I smiled politely, and said "No, no women are allowed."

"What?!" she said. "That's sexist."

"Yes, it is." I replied. "Very much so."

She then looked at the other guys assembled there, and said "How about you guys? Can't a woman join in the fun?"

There was some fidgeting around, and the Jailer, as we call him, said "Nah. You wouldn't like it. It's just guy stuff."

She then said "None of you guys are married, are you?" Silence.

I piped in "Nope. We're all single, one and all."

She then redirected her attention to me, and said "Don't you plan on ever getting married?"

"Well, no." I answered. "It ain't likely."

"That's so selfish!" she retorted.

"Selfish? How so?" I asked.

"If every guy lived like you, no woman would ever get married."

"And your point is...?" I said.

"The point is you're selfish."

"Oh. What's wrong with that?"

She then gave a short speech in defense of marriage, and the guys started deserting the table like rats, leaving just me. Sigh.

She asked what we do at our gatherings. Mostly smoke, I told her, and talk about motorcycles and how much we don't like women.

"Ha!" she said. "I knew it. You hate women."

"Your point being...?" I sweetly asked.

She then told me how she figured I hated women, or was gay, since I never date anyone at work.

Hmm. Again with the gay thing......

I assured her that I wasn't gay. I just didn't care.

She then said "What if I just show up?"

I said, "Well, then one of us will almost certainly arrest you for trespassing." I just stared with a blank face.

Silence.

She then turned on her heels and walked away, shaking her head.

I don't know. Maybe I am selfish. I certainly hope so.

Christopher in Oregon

nous
Probie

Me? Selfish?

Post by nous » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:43 am

Well done, CIO, short'n'sweet. I am going to give you +1 for how you put that woman in her place. I just hope there won't be any unpleasant consequences for you. Isn't it dangerous in the US to be known as a sexist at the workplace, especially if it is a government job?
I have been reading some of your posts and I like them very much, I think you are a very wise man and I am looking forward to learn a lot from you.
We also have a few interestes in common: I very much enjoy listening to classical music, especially Bach, Beethoven and Mozart.
I have Mozart's entire oeuvre and most of Beethoven's.
I also used to study the double bass at the Conservatory and wanted to become a professional musician before switching to engineering, but I still play the beast whenever I get a chance ;).
Additionally, although being very young, I briefly smoked the pipe and cigars, but now I quit. Now I only smoke a big Cuban cigar ( I am in Europe, no embargo on Cuba 8-) ) when there is a very big happening, such as a friend's graduation ceremony.
Anyway you really are selfish, not marrying a "nice", , woman and handing over 100% of your income, giving up your hobbies and devoting all your time and energy to her, in exchange for being constantly nagged, while she cheats on you and gives you STD's galore? Gee, you really are one of the most selfish human beings ever to roam this planet.

brucethehun
Bachelor

Me? Selfish?

Post by brucethehun » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:33 am

Christopher, it has been said before and I shall say it again: YOU ARE A GREAT MAN! I am recommending this site to a pathetic mangina whose wife is obviously cheating on him. Spreading the word.

Modelautoman
Sage Bachelor

Me? Selfish?

Post by Modelautoman » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:50 am

CIO YOU ROCK! Hail to thee oh Christopher in Oregon!

toysarefun
Happy Bachelor

Me? Selfish?

Post by toysarefun » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:13 am

Ha ha, with an extra laugh, yeah I'm gay to, I hang out with my pals, and have more WAY more fun than we ever will with girls hanging & ordering us around, any girls around, guaranteed to slow us all down, many of us might have a similar story to tell as we go along, good story, thanks.

oldschoolbmx37

Me? Selfish?

Post by oldschoolbmx37 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:34 am

Chris, you RULE. Gotta love the "you're gay" thing. I was called that a few months ago by a woman I work with, who wanted to date me the entire year, but I refused. She's a huge gossip with psychotic behavior and depression. I just kept repeating, sorry, I do not date co-workers. Finally, she went off and said I was gay.

I asked why? Because I won't date you? Maybe you're not my type, maybe I have no interest in you, why would I need to date you, just because you're here? I prefer blondes, anyways, so go find me one - and if you want, you can watch, to see how "gay" I am.

crackpot

Me? Selfish?

Post by crackpot » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:55 am

Women are using the "gay insult" as part of the shaming language now for men who don't want anything to do with them.

It's okay for women to turn us down, but men are considered gay for turning them down... yet another double standard.

This is a good story, women have plenty of ladies night places they can gather, heaven forbid men do the same these days.

sjenner
In a class of his own

Me? Selfish?

Post by sjenner » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:44 pm

Mr. CIO- touche as they say you put that woman in checkmate- masterful. I had the misfortune of being stuck next to this young under 35 lovey dovey couple on a long flight home this week. They were idiots- constantly giggling, kissing and touching each other on the crowded flight. I thought like ok WTF? To their credit they were polite and the lady was attractive. The guy was a douchebag though.

superbad
Sage Bachelor

Me? Selfish?

Post by superbad » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:22 pm

women aren't selfish: no self-interest there, no sir. they just want to trade their sex for your sex you paying a mortgage, buying food, buying gifts, buying cars, buying vacations, 18 years of child care, paying for college tuition... oh, yeah, and they want your soul. but, worst of all, they want you to listen to them!

sjenner
In a class of his own

Me? Selfish?

Post by sjenner » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:33 pm

being selfish is the wisest thing a sane man can do in today's world- call it a survival mechanism.

recluse
In a class of his own

Me? Selfish?

Post by recluse » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:01 pm

You did well my friend.

Just like a woman to try to muscle in where she is clearly not wanted.

If they are not controlling %100 of the men %100 of the time thier precious egos get threatened.

You did good by being honest with her.It was just as she had feared. hah.

The gay thing was just a shaming tactic to try to provoke you off your cool, and mess up your responses to her.

I would not be surprised if this one did attempt to crash your meeting.She would need some more "sisters" for backup support to do it.

Hopefully she will not be able to engage any other females to her cause.

If she presses the issue you can ask her why she has such a need to control other people.

This makes wimmin furious as it is "thier" weapon to be used against men.

recluse
In a class of his own

Me? Selfish?

Post by recluse » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:08 pm

you paying a mortgage, buying food, buying gifts, buying cars, buying vacations, 18 years of child care, paying for college tuition... oh, yeah, and they want your soul. but, worst of all, they want you to listen to them![/quote]

Heheheheh.
"worst of all they want you to listen to them."
Words of wisdom my friend, words of wisdom.

What is it with all the incessant talking? It's the hardest thing to take.

All that talking and they do not say anything of interest.

When my ole lady was on the way out she said to me

"I bet the thing you are going to miss most about me is the talking"

I just looked at her bugeyed and speechless.

zz4guy

Me? Selfish?

Post by zz4guy » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:45 am

What a bitch. Congrats on standing your ground Christopher... I think I would have caved. Especially with someone I have to work with. I hope you dont get a visit from HR on Monday....

hhb
Sage Bachelor

Me? Selfish?

Post by hhb » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:52 pm

CIO,

Selfish = Unmarried. What a joke. Next time tell her that you are a strong, independent man that doesn't need a woman.

Women never cease to amaze me with their stupidity.

HHB

Shameless
Happy Bachelor

Me? Selfish?

Post by Shameless » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:03 am

Bachelor: A man who has cheated a woman out of a divorce.

Why don't they chase after their thug alpha assholes and leave the men who want nothing to do with them alone?

sjenner
In a class of his own

Me? Selfish?

Post by sjenner » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:15 am

Now I do the rejecting when the over the hill used up drug addicted skanks try to make a move on me and my happy bachelor lifestyle! The ultimate revenge.

khankrumthebulgar

Me? Selfish?

Post by khankrumthebulgar » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:34 am

Bros before Hoes. Who cares what some Skirt thinks. Irlandes posted on the old Dont get married forum how Women who joined Men's Rights groups caused dissension every time. There are Women only Gyms, clubs, and venues. But Men who want to hang out with their Pals are called Sexist. My reply is Yes I Am and proud to be Sexist. Move on there is nothing for you here. You don't merit my time or interest. Go away. You are harassing me.

Turn the tables on Women and they are stunned. They cannot imagine Men who are not interested in their lies and manipulation. Younger idiot Men who are Manginas have no clue how predatory Women are. None. We are prisoners to our libidios when we are young. As our libidios decline, we see reality for what it is. The wrong Woman can make your life a living hell. Women know how to emotionally abuse and torment Men.

They spend years as young girls learning how to manipulate Daddy. So they spend a lifetime honing skills. NLP Neuro Linguistic Programming. Is a highly specialized skill of reading people. It is taught to FBI Agents, CIA, and State Dept. folks. So they can discern if people are lying. Obama has NLP training. I have a NLP certified trainer on my Team. He can spot those in an instant who have NLP training. He trained CIA spooks, FBI Agents in their behavioral Science unit. Women naturally posses a high degree of NLP and use it to manipulate Men.

Do some research on NLP and understand this scientific fact. A MRI of the brain of Women reveal they can read the emotion on a human face, before a Man can tell it is a face. They have a huge advantage over us in this respect. I believe it is a genetic survival trait that Women learned long ago. That they have retained in their Neural pathways. Factor that for a moment.

edred30

Me? Selfish?

Post by edred30 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:08 pm

I don't doubt that at all Khan regarding female perceptive powers. Continued survival in a hunter/gatherer tribal environment would depend on it. At the same time, I also believe that intelligent men can overcome female advantages in that area by educating themselves about the nature of women and the complexities of the prevailing culture.

edred30

Me? Selfish?

Post by edred30 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:16 pm

Also, I've had many women move to easier targets once I flashed them the "I'm immune to your manipulation" look.

And no doubt about guys being prisoners to their libido when they were young. Good point. I remember those days. I see the young guys at the gym falling for the same routine: lambs being led to the slaughter.

superbad
Sage Bachelor

Me? Selfish?

Post by superbad » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

+1