America: What went wrong?

ryan30
Bachelor

Post by ryan30 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:43 am

"America: What went wrong" is not the right question here....the question should have been "America: What went out of CONTROL"
The answer is GREED!!!!

Now a days we run after $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$s and ignore everything else all the way oblivious to the fact that if everything else is destroyed what good are the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$s

boogyman

Post by boogyman » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:58 am

[quote]Meanwhile in a related story:

"...A Michigan man, who allegedly fathered 23 children with 14 women, has been put behind bars last week after owing more than $500,000 in child support payments.

Howard Veal, 44, of Muskegon was sentenced to two to four years in prison well above the guidelines that calls for a 6-month jail stint.

According the Grand Rapids Press, Kent County Circuit Judge Dennis Leiber said he was "stunned and amazed" by the case and that Veal was the "poster child for irresponsibility."

"Animals procreate, human beings are supposed to nurture their children," Leiber told Veal..."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... iled_after_ owing_500k_in_.html

Thanks...you fucking jag-off asshole. Thanks for making a difficult life just a little bit harder for every Man out there.[/quote]

This cad had no problem finding a queue line of young women willing to spread their thighs and support his exciting tomcatting ways. Bet he continues right where he left off as soon as he gets out of the joint.

Meanwhile across town there's some hardworking, taxpaying single man who dreams of having a loving wife and family but can't even get a second date with a girl because he's too nice and responsible to moisten her panties.

rowingdude
Professional Bachelor

Post by rowingdude » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:34 pm

Perhaps a more intriguing thread would be "America, what's gone right?"...

Good luck with that ;)

teotwawki3
Bachelor Awareness

Post by teotwawki3 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:42 am

Interesting note that he goes to jail. The women involved however are stealing from all the taxpayers for their welfare checks. I would be shocked if any of those skanks actually worked... Why are they not equally responsible... Never mind I know why PP

freeman
Bachelor

Re: America: What went wrong?

Post by freeman » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:36 am

boogyman wrote:Interesting. I do know that solitary females in public often use their phones as a shield to keep single men from approaching them. At least that's been my experience. Of course if I looked like Brad Pitt I'm sure they would turn off their phone and perma-scowl and turn on the charm in record time.

Although we all love invention they do have a way of changing social structures, many times for the worse. Charles Kettering, the inventor of the automobile electric starter, did more to liberate females from the role of homemaker than all the Feminist leaders combined.
I really wish all these idiot men would stop approaching women. They are swelling women's egos beyond proportion, it's sickening.

comedian
Probie

Post by comedian » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:08 am

It went from being a Republic to a far-flung Empire in the 20th century. Now, it's an empire in decline.

phoenix
Legend Bachelor

Post by phoenix » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:09 pm

boogiepop wrote:The moment child custody went from the father to the mother. That is when we were fucked. Father custody is the bedrock of civilization, the very heart of it. If the family is not the father's, men have no incentive to continue being fathers and continue caring for families - especially when his wife strips him of his child.

Most men marry because marriage is attractive to them. They get legitimate children (supposedly) and a wife that can not take his children away from him. She can not just get fickle and divorce him without fault on his part and if she does leave, she gets nothing. The children stay with him. In a real sense, he WAS the head of the family because the family belonged to him. When those things are taken away, civilization crumbles because men are not invested in building families any more, nor in putting in the work necessary to raise successful families.

Men take care of what they own, but when they are not the head of the family and in a real sense, the person that "owns" it, he has no incentive to marry and take on that task.
This is quite true.

Also the man managed his family's affairs and the State or other men could not tell him otherwise. He controlled and decided on the budget and spending, and did not get "permission" from his wife, the State, or other men on how he'd do things.

Thing is women were never and are not "equal." They are children. You can't put children in charge of anything, they don't have the capability for it.

Being a leader is a burden to the capable. To the incapable it's just something they abuse, because they just don't understand and don't care for the responsibilities.

It started at the family level, but it's also true in all levels of society. You should never grant the weak power over the strong because then you get tyranny of incompetence. The weak don't understand and can't handle power, they've never earned it or understood the nuances to using it. They don't have restraint, mercy, or sense.

There are clear and obvious delineations between people's abilities. The Greeks would look at it in terms of metals, bronze, silver and gold. You can not put bronze in charge of gold. But that is what society does.

But really, it doesn't matter too much either. There are many other reasons and symptoms too, but nothing will ever get fixed either. So don't worry too much about it.

Probably I should be a leader, but it's not offered to me and I don't want to take it either. If I did take it, I'd handle it better than these fools we've had for the past several decades. But I plan to just vote in Donald Trump if I do vote because he is the perfect representative of the people these days.

inplainsight
Legend Bachelor

Post by inplainsight » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:03 am

fisk wrote:I once read the "Foxfire" series books about rural Appalachia which interviewed old timers on how they lived. No money, electricity, refrigeration, A/C, running water, etc. Transportation was by horse, mule, walking. They said the Great Depression was not noticed by them because they never had cash/money anyway. They grew their own food (farms, gardens, orchards, raised their own chickens, hogs) built their own shelters, took care of their own family members and community. Divisions of labors of men/women/children/elderly. There weren't many choices. Bonds were strong. If one was sick, the others helped out. Crime was about zero. People and children entertained themselves. People talked with each other, that was all there was. Mutual dependence. No television, radio. Visiting friends, relatives was typical.

A guy at work told me his great grandmother didn't know that the Great Depression or racism existed until she moved to the city. In the mountains and countryside, everybody was in the same boat living a similar lifestyle, culture with the same interests, concerns.

A old guy once told me that if a bank had told the pioneers that they would lend them the money to build themselves a house/home with a 30 year mortgage, they would of laughed in their face. They just got together and did it within a few months, (certainly not by today's standards or codes), and added on/improved as resources allowed.

Another old guy told me during the Great Depression, the necessities of life were cheap, food and shelter were readily available, there was always a place to live and something to eat, just that there was no money. The necessities of life were mostly available, but not any luxuries. My grandmother raised chickens in the city limits. Everybody was free to do pretty much what they needed to get by. (America, land of the free).

I had heard that the industrial revolution was to free men of the labors of life and that they would live lives of leisure pursuing the higher life, arts, spirituality, and becoming what mankind was suppose to be (whatever that is), (perhaps like classic Greece).

We once relied, depended on each other as individuals (integrity, honesty, dependability, virtue defined a person as a person of value, and deserving of benefit), now we put our safety, reliance, dependence, wellbeing in authoritative power (institutions, government, police state, bureaucracies). We have toys (technology) to entertain us, and that's become our main focus, entertainment (perhaps a diversion) but not much purpose/drive to do something we consider to have real meaning, importance.
Brilliant post Fisk. Why don't you post more often? I learned so much from this post. I can't help but ask if you have any personal practical approaches you use to cope with this paradigm shift. I am all ears. Oh! and here is a link to a brilliant talk I found on youtube I figured you'd love: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21j_OCNLuYg
Paradoxically, the most pleasurable life is actually the life in which we avoid chasing after pleasures altogether - Epicurus

inplainsight
Legend Bachelor

Post by inplainsight » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:57 am

phoenix wrote:
boogiepop wrote:The moment child custody went from the father to the mother. That is when we were fucked. Father custody is the bedrock of civilization, the very heart of it. If the family is not the father's, men have no incentive to continue being fathers and continue caring for families - especially when his wife strips him of his child.

Most men marry because marriage is attractive to them. They get legitimate children (supposedly) and a wife that can not take his children away from him. She can not just get fickle and divorce him without fault on his part and if she does leave, she gets nothing. The children stay with him. In a real sense, he WAS the head of the family because the family belonged to him. When those things are taken away, civilization crumbles because men are not invested in building families any more, nor in putting in the work necessary to raise successful families.

Men take care of what they own, but when they are not the head of the family and in a real sense, the person that "owns" it, he has no incentive to marry and take on that task.
This is quite true.

Also the man managed his family's affairs and the State or other men could not tell him otherwise. He controlled and decided on the budget and spending, and did not get "permission" from his wife, the State, or other men on how he'd do things.

Thing is women were never and are not "equal." They are children. You can't put children in charge of anything, they don't have the capability for it.

Being a leader is a burden to the capable. To the incapable it's just something they abuse, because they just don't understand and don't care for the responsibilities.

It started at the family level, but it's also true in all levels of society. You should never grant the weak power over the strong because then you get tyranny of incompetence. The weak don't understand and can't handle power, they've never earned it or understood the nuances to using it. They don't have restraint, mercy, or sense.

There are clear and obvious delineations between people's abilities. The Greeks would look at it in terms of metals, bronze, silver and gold. You can not put bronze in charge of gold. But that is what society does.

But really, it doesn't matter too much either. There are many other reasons and symptoms too, but nothing will ever get fixed either. So don't worry too much about it.

Probably I should be a leader, but it's not offered to me and I don't want to take it either. If I did take it, I'd handle it better than these fools we've had for the past several decades. But I plan to just vote in Donald Trump if I do vote because he is the perfect representative of the people these days.
It only has to start at the family level to infect everything else. Family, for better or worse is the bedrock of how any society operates. To understand why society is in the state it is today, all one simply has to do is look at the family...fathers, husbands and sons are perpetually denigrated and treated as second class citizens and incompetent buffoons even in the bedrooms of their own homes...with wives/children that can acquire all their labor and throw their husbands into prison with a single phone-call. Men are simply not "allowed" to be men any longer. "good boys" have become the ideal male. Needless to say, great post Phoenix. I am glad my backtracking through the forum's archives netted me this bit of gold.
Paradoxically, the most pleasurable life is actually the life in which we avoid chasing after pleasures altogether - Epicurus