wife said "NO HD TV AT ALL" to husband

outcastsuperstar
Legend Bachelor

Post by outcastsuperstar » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:03 am

This post was made by someone on the Don't Get Married Board

I was at one of my best friends' house recently. He is married (i.e. enslaved) and his wife's sister's husband was there too. Later his wife showed up also. Both of these men are my good friends. All five of us were sitting in the living room when a "disagreement" between my friend and his wife came up.

While they were talking I figured out that they had three thousand dollars in surplus money to spend between the two of them. They agreed to $1,500 each. She talked about going on a shopping spree to buy clothes and other trinkets - FIFTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS WORTH!!! I thought to myself - "what a waste of good money". That is not the worst part. He then stated that he wanted a new HD TV. SHE IMMEDIATELY SAID "NO HONEY! I THINK THAT IS A WASTE OF MONEY"!!!

Though I was not suprised, I just listened in angry astonishment. He rightly argued that since they had no debts, all the bills are paid and that they agreed to have 1500 each to spend between themselves, that no problems would arise from him getting an HDTV. She said even more firmly, "NO! IT'S A WASTE"!!!

Now this is the part that made me feel for him. He just hung his head and kept quiet - as if submitting to her demands. He then ASKED HER WHAT HE SHOULD DO TO TREAT HIMSELF and she just said "ANYTHING BUT A WORTHLESS HDTV". I was so angry on the inside for him and at her.

All of this came after I told him about a $8,500 high end computer I was getting from Falcon North West company who custom makes gaming and content creation machines. We were talking about its HD rendering, recording and viewing abilities, etc. Little did I know what was going on behind the scenes until it came out.

Later that day, my other friend got a verbal beating from his wife for "watching too much sports". She talked like he was a kid: "C'mon, you got to cut it out - too much sports watching. It's gotten out of hand and you need to stop now!". I just sat there in astonishment. He had the same look of shame and submissiveness that his friend had.

As bad as I feel for these two friends of mine, all I can think about is how fortunate I am not to be married. I still can't believe that at 37 years old, I held out. Good for me. I even tried to help the one who wanted the HDTV by asking his wife how fair it would be if he didn't want her to get clothes and he wanted an HDTV. She ignored what I said.

There is no way - ever - that I'll subject myself to such slavery. No way!!! It is amazing how women love to control you while never admitting that it is control. They'll tell you some bull crap like "it's for the best honey" - all the while they are enjoying the friuts of your labour and you just suck the dust loosing hair and dying early.

I keep thinking of the hell my friends are going through - even though they portray that their marriages are "made in heaven". I know there are storms they'll never talk about. They are your typical nice guys who want to do right - but get punched in the face for their niceness. Not me. No Marriage - never.

salinger

Post by salinger » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:23 am

This kind of crap goes on in probably 90+% of married households today.

A man works and wifey tells him how he can/can't spend the money HE earned.

It's just an f'ing tv. Imagine if this guy wanted a motorcycle.

These guys are nothing but wage slaves. A woman will never, EVER, allow her husband to own or do something that he derives happiness/pleasure from that she somehow is not responsible for.

sjenner
In a class of his own

Post by sjenner » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:25 am

Damn I feel for the guy. Lucky for me, I am free of this and have a nice HDTV. In fact, I want a second and third one for the bedroom and bathroom! This time, 70 inch HDTV would be for the living room, put the others for 3D HDTV!

rorschach
Bachelor

Post by rorschach » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:19 am

The narcissism and double standards are horrifying, aren't they? SHE can spend the money on any shit she likes, he wants to buy something (which she can use too) and suddenly he's not "allowed". Bollocks to that.

I'm so glad I can spend MY money on WHATEVER I want :)

christopheroregon
Legend Bachelor

Post by christopheroregon » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:43 pm

This is why I refuse to hang out with married men. It's too nauseating an experience to watch their daily emasculation.

CIO

dwyer

Post by dwyer » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:20 pm

As usual, a good story to illustrate the point, outcastsuperstar.

I'm sure they need 80 pairs of shoes...
Nothing worse than some loser like in George Thorogood's One Borbon. One scotch, One beer; when he needs a bed from a friend
"AAAH, like me go ask my wife,
AAAH, she said no, she kinda funny"
George " AAh, you funny too"

So, go get married, when you have to ask the General to do ANYTHING, let alone a purchase, I sit there and look at ya,
and think " you funny too"

That's right, I laugh at ya

thesilentwitness

Post by thesilentwitness » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:24 pm

Pathetic men like these deserve such treatment.

Grow a pair, for fucks sake. She's not your mother, and you're not 4 years old.

ndt

Post by ndt » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:21 pm

[quote]Pathetic men like these deserve such treatment.

Grow a pair, for fucks sake. She's not your mother, and you're not 4 years old.[/quote]

I would've said: "I'm getting one and I don't care what you say it's MY money to do as I please."

Then if she goes on to destroy this TV I would've gone on to destroying her new wasteful purchases and then some.

1mhasmat

Post by 1mhasmat » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:47 pm

I have a live in gf. I buy what I want with my money, hence 12 antique Harleys in my collection. If it ever comes that she don't like it, she knows she can fuck off. I think that is why she is so supportive of it. I work damn hard for my $$$ and NO woman tells me how to spend it.

alabama777

Post by alabama777 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:07 am

[quote]This post was made by someone on the Don't Get Married Board

I was at one of my best friends' house recently. He is married (i.e. enslaved) and his wife's sister's husband was there too. Later his wife showed up also. Both of these men are my good friends. All five of us were sitting in the living room when a "disagreement" between my friend and his wife came up.

While they were talking I figured out that they had three thousand dollars in surplus money to spend between the two of them. They agreed to $1,500 each. She talked about going on a shopping spree to buy clothes and other trinkets - FIFTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS WORTH!!! I thought to myself - "what a waste of good money". That is not the worst part. He then stated that he wanted a new HD TV. SHE IMMEDIATELY SAID "NO HONEY! I THINK THAT IS A WASTE OF MONEY"!!!

Though I was not suprised, I just listened in angry astonishment. He rightly argued that since they had no debts, all the bills are paid and that they agreed to have 1500 each to spend between themselves, that no problems would arise from him getting an HDTV. She said even more firmly, "NO! IT'S A WASTE"!!!

Now this is the part that made me feel for him. He just hung his head and kept quiet - as if submitting to her demands. He then ASKED HER WHAT HE SHOULD DO TO TREAT HIMSELF and she just said "ANYTHING BUT A WORTHLESS HDTV". I was so angry on the inside for him and at her.

All of this came after I told him about a $8,500 high end computer I was getting from Falcon North West company who custom makes gaming and content creation machines. We were talking about its HD rendering, recording and viewing abilities, etc. Little did I know what was going on behind the scenes until it came out.

Later that day, my other friend got a verbal beating from his wife for "watching too much sports". She talked like he was a kid: "C'mon, you got to cut it out - too much sports watching. It's gotten out of hand and you need to stop now!". I just sat there in astonishment. He had the same look of shame and submissiveness that his friend had.

As bad as I feel for these two friends of mine, all I can think about is how fortunate I am not to be married. I still can't believe that at 37 years old, I held out. Good for me. I even tried to help the one who wanted the HDTV by asking his wife how fair it would be if he didn't want her to get clothes and he wanted an HDTV. She ignored what I said.

There is no way - ever - that I'll subject myself to such slavery. No way!!! It is amazing how women love to control you while never admitting that it is control. They'll tell you some bull crap like "it's for the best honey" - all the while they are enjoying the friuts of your labour and you just suck the dust loosing hair and dying early.

I keep thinking of the hell my friends are going through - even though they portray that their marriages are "made in heaven". I know there are storms they'll never talk about. They are your typical nice guys who want to do right - but get punched in the face for their niceness. Not me. No Marriage - never. [/quote]

Women like her need to be corrected asap.

alabama777

Post by alabama777 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:18 am

[quote]This kind of crap goes on in probably 90+% of married households today.

A man works and wifey tells him how he can/can't spend the money HE earned.

It's just an f'ing tv. Imagine if this guy wanted a motorcycle.

These guys are nothing but wage slaves. A woman will never, EVER, allow her husband to own or do something that he derives happiness/pleasure from that she somehow is not responsible for.[/quote]

F*cking sick. Theses pussies need too fake their own death, change their name and move to lower slabovia.

alabama777

Post by alabama777 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:23 am

[quote]This is why I refuse to hang out with married men. It's too nauseating an experience to watch their daily emasculation.

CIO[/quote]

You are sooooo right! Matter of fact, when my bro is in town with his family, I tell him I have to work that weekend. He is 99.9% estrogen.

Grimjack
Bachelor Awareness

Post by Grimjack » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:29 am

I know you guys are right, and don't blame you for castigating men who allow it to go on, but being one of those guys I still want to defend them (and me)....

Its a hard habit to break once its been ingrained. I grew up in a household where Mom controlled the finances with an iron fist. My Dad basically turned the paycheck over to her and got an allowance. That's what I learned growing up. Its taken me years to undo alot of that training. I still feel the need to check with my wife over big purchases ($500 or more) even though she doesn't even know how much money we have.

I suppose its mostly to avoid the inevitable fight, but if its gonna be fight no matter what, might as well get something out of it.

djc

Post by djc » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:00 pm

Reminds me of when I bought a nice cell phone many years ago. My ex would tell me that only a business man deserved such a phone. Same thing with my pickup truck. Out came the shaming language about how I didn't deserve it. A couple years later, I showed her how she didn't deserve me. WITH A DIVORCE. Now I buy whatever the hell I want with no complaints from anybody.

salinger

Post by salinger » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:47 pm

Bottom line, women think "What's his is mine and what's mine is mine."

If you happen to know a woman who isn't like this, congratulations. Please point me in the direction of the unicorns.

recluse
In a class of his own

Post by recluse » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:55 pm

[quote]Reminds me of when I bought a nice cell phone many years ago. My ex would tell me that only a business man deserved such a phone. Same thing with my pickup truck. Out came the shaming language about how I didn't deserve it. A couple years later, I showed her how she didn't deserve me. WITH A DIVORCE. Now I buy whatever the hell I want with no complaints from anybody.[/quote]

Good 4 U ole man.
once the veil lifts and the eyes open the shaming language no longer works, but it does irritate,just because the it's the only tool da bitches have.

thats a +1 ole man.

MarkyMark
Happy Bachelor

Re: wife said "NO HD TV AT ALL" to husband

Post by MarkyMark » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:06 am

djc wrote:Reminds me of when I bought a nice cell phone many years ago. My ex would tell me that only a business man deserved such a phone. Same thing with my pickup truck. Out came the shaming language about how I didn't deserve it. A couple years later, I showed her how she didn't deserve me. WITH A DIVORCE. Now I buy whatever the hell I want with no complaints from anybody.
THAT'S what I'm talking about! Way to be, djc... :)

retroframe
Probie

Post by retroframe » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:35 pm

Misery requires company, therefore happiness requires Bachelorhood.

ubermensch
Professional Bachelor

Post by ubermensch » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:36 am

I bought myself a 55" LED TV a few months ago. If I'd done this without consulting my wife whilst married, I would have sported a black eye the next day. It happened once when I bought a mountain bike without asking her first. This was towards the end of the marriage, when Mrs Jekyll turned into Ms Hyde - the fucking coward she was.

Bitter, bitter memories.

Men are victims of domestic violence so often that it makes me puke when I hear sob stories from women; the brutal truth is they more than likely provoked their man beyond belief until he finally lost control. All I ever did was make the mistake of not consulting the slave master before spending my own money. Beatings were in order for such a crime.

I'll be fucked if I *ever* put myself in any form of control by another cunt. The good times are outweighed by the bad 5/95%

Never, ever, ever again.
"I don't want a wife and I don't want kids. I'm 36 and if I met a woman of my own age and married her, I'd also be marrying her former life, her past." - Henry Rollins, 1998.

Lord Beckett
Professional Bachelor

Post by Lord Beckett » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:50 pm

I am never getting involved with these creatures again, everytime I did, I always suffered for it in the end, usually in the form of severe duress. I literally cannot ever go back and I never will, I'll die alone. But its not a bad thing by any means, I feel happier and more confident in myself, (ironically) after getting rid of the burden.

Like ubermensch said. "Never, ever, ever again."
Getting married does not reflect my core mandate. For I am a MGHOW and I will do whats right for me.

JohnX
Legend Bachelor

Post by JohnX » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:33 am

If a woman tried to stand between me and an essential piece of tech.

That's all.
In tranquil solitude.

Lord Beckett
Professional Bachelor

Post by Lord Beckett » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:22 am

JohnX wrote:If a woman tried to stand between me and an essential piece of tech.

That's all.
We are experiencing technical difficulties. :D
Getting married does not reflect my core mandate. For I am a MGHOW and I will do whats right for me.

JohnX
Legend Bachelor

Post by JohnX » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:51 pm

Lord Beckett wrote:
JohnX wrote:If a woman tried to stand between me and an essential piece of tech.

That's all.
We are experiencing technical difficulties. :D
Some things are best left unstated even if one has to sacrifice some grammar in the process. :ugeek:
In tranquil solitude.