Most men are in debt because they want sex ?

astroxss

Post by astroxss » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:26 am

[quote] A single man does not require much in order to survive. Most single men could eke out a comfortable existence by working for two months out of the year. The reason that a man might work hard to earn much more than he needs for himself is to attract a wife amidst a competitive field, finance a home and a couple of children, and ultimately achieve status as a pillar of the community. [/quote]

I have no debt, but i know a lot of men who are in debt, because they have bought expensive cars, houses and other stuff, only to impress woman .

When i ask them why you bought so expensive car answer is : "i don`t need so expensive car, i just need a simple car to get from place A to B. My woman wanted nice looking car "

I hate advertising industry, because they are luring men in to debt by associating expensive BMW with getting a lot of woman and sex.

A lot of those men feel superior over me, because i`m driving 15 year old car and don`t buy expensive phones & stuff ( because i don`t want to spend money, not because i can`t afford that )

I tell nothing, i just laugh out loud in my head

I know that i`m gonna be winner at endgame :)

Also, form my observations , men who are single are financially better unless they have gambling/alcohol addiction or child support payments.

23 year old men from Europe

symphony
Happy Bachelor

Post by symphony » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:23 pm

I would say most men are in debt to impress women, at least from what I have observed among blue and white collar men in my city.

I think the 20's is the hardest age on men to impress women with cars, money, high living, etc...when such men live beyond their means - especially white collar men trying to make it in the financial industry - or what is left of it.

I see young white collar men in their 20's living in my high rise building knowing very well they cannot afford such, but who am I to tell them to check themselves when the fog of testosterone is so thick for them to even see the light...but I do serve as an example, wearing unimpressive clothes (jeans, T- shirt, etc.)... I have overheard conversations in the elevator between such youngsters and their girlfriends talking amongst themselves "Who lives on the top floors" - I just walk in and press the 30th floor button (top floor of the high rise)..silence ensues...lol...and their girlfriends DO notice me...and I make sure to look at the youngsters with a disapproving eye towards their golddigger girlfriends as a old lady would...lol.

fisk
Bachelor Awareness

Post by fisk » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:48 pm

Ah, Man, how true. When I look back at all the money I spent in marriage, divorce, (no kids, thank goodness) then the money I spent participating in a long distance/long term girlfriend, I am appalled at my stupidity and naivety. A real kicker being that neither one was grateful for the benefits I provided, and astonishingly to me, I was seen as the bad guy after everything was said and done.
Happy, content now, learned my lessons.
Old guy at work said when looking for a girlfriend/relationship, start thinking about living on only 1/2 your income.

Madsen
Happy Bachelor

Post by Madsen » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:47 am

(Move to Finance board?)

I wish personal finance would be required in school as much as history or math is. I think it would set people up for a quality life much more effectively.

loser

Post by loser » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:26 am

Man, where do I start?

First a message to all you Young Men out there. You're on this board for a reason...something drove / brought you here.

*I remember when I was your age*

I'm embarrassed to tell you how much ca$h I pissed away. But it's called being young. And you ARE only young once.

Just be mindful that you should start thinking about "Plan B". So, here's some advice from an Old Fuck with the scars to prove it.

1. Your young years will flash past. Keep a diary, and password protect it. I did not do that and I regret that.

2. When I was your age cameras were a major PITA. Not any longer. Take lots of pics and delete none of them (unless they're incriminating). Make notes of names and dates/places.

3. At some point, you're going to start refocusing on other things. If you're 30, and you're STILL letting pussy run your life, read no further; there's nothing more I can help you with.

4. If an opportunity presents itself, take it. Let me give you an example of a wasted opportunity. When I was 20, and full of gusto, I took a second job in 1975, midnight shift sorting packages for a POS company...Federal Express (now known as FedEx). I fucking QUIT because it was "too hard" and I was "tired". I'm smart now, and I was smart then...who knows what might have happened.

IF YOU'RE GONNA WORK HARD, IF YOU'RE GONNA BUST YOUR BALLS, DO IT NOW. DON'T BE DOING IT WHEN YOU'RE MY AGE.

For you Young Men, your generation has a reputation. It's not good. Set yourself apart, and sooner or later, chances are, someone will notice.

Work YOUR ASS off and collect/save your cash.

That does two things:

Teaches the value of working hard and smart.
Teaches the value of frugality. (Which is NOT the same as being cheap).

Shit DOES happen, and you'll get your share. Sometimes it'll be annoying, and sometimes it'll be earthshaking. Put your boots on, wade through the shit and get to the other side.

If the things you do are legal, moral, and ethical don't let ANYONE else shame you into their sense of "compliance". And that ANYONE includes myself and anyone else on this board. Yep, FUCK ME, too.

Now for you newcomers let me calibrate you. I'm GOOD. I'm REALLY GOOD. But I also had my share of LUCK. I then took advantage of that luck, and that helped me in no small fashion to arrive where I am.

I say this not to boast, but if a POS like me can do it, so can you.

I work from my home and I trade the equity markets, and occasionally Forex. I was hoping to reach a goal this year, but it doesn't appear likely at this point. :P

I live in a suburb of Chicago, on the top two floors. Unfortunately it's only the 15th and 16th floors, but it works for me. Two of my neighbors fell upon hard times and their units went into foreclosure. I bought both of them, knocked down walls and combined the units into a office / living space. 6000 square feet.

I have a total of NINE underground parking spaces, and only use four of them. I have a Man Friday, who takes care of all personal business matters along with non-trading issues with the exception of romance/laundry/cleaning.

I also have a very nice home in Galena, and a very small condo in Fish Creek, Wisconsin.

I clean up well, and look like a million bucks in Brooks Brothers (bought @ the Brooks Brothers outlet store, Thank You!) driving my used CLS65.

But in reality, you'll see me in my Silver Grand Caravan in a flannel shirt shopping @ Costco or Aldi.

Now the point I'm trying to get to here is that money is a vehicle. If you drink and drive your vehicle, that's your problem. I LIKE to make money. But even more, I LOVE making money without having someone else squander it.

I have toys...and Man Friday scours eBay for toys I desire. BTW, I've attached a picture of something I desire:

Magneplanar Tympani III electrostatic speakers.

If anyone knows someone selling a set, I'd be grateful for a PM.

However I limit my spending severely on toys. Lately I've gotten a little crazy, which is out of character for me but certain toys made themselves available on eBay, and in a few cases I went for Buy It Now, which made Man Friday shake his head.

A couple of months ago, I asked Man Friday to figure out how much money I spent on bullshit.

I don't mean mortgage payments.
I don't mean food.
I don't mean gas / maintenance / insurance.

I collected receipts for everything and he kept careful track.

The verdict?

Less than $400 a month.

How much do you think I'd spend if I were married / had a FWB?

Based on my income, I'll bet AT LEAST 10X that amount. That's another thing...I don't draw a paycheck. Not literally, anyhow. I need something for business? The plastic comes out and I'm off to the races. If it's personal, I have access to cash.

You, or anyone else can do this too. No, I'm not selling a book. You just need to "re-frame" what society tells you. Money = Power

Not power over someone else...that's not what I want. I want power to be the CEO of my own life. Right here, right now, I have that. And I'm not giving it up without a fight, or by being stupid.

I'm in "ghost-lite" mode. I get the best all BOTH Worlds.

You can, too. Make careful, considerate choices.

2011 is the genesis Year of your new life.

Look in the mirror and resolve to yourself to make every day, every decision count. Ir might happen quickly. It might take decades. But when it happens, someday you'll sit down and pinch yourself.

Lose the battle. Win the War.

Sorry to ramble Men.

superbad
Sage Bachelor

Post by superbad » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:15 am

+1 : young guys should bust ass NOW. i see many young guys buying into this "i'll do it later" mentality. what you do while young and full of steam can set you for life. for you young guys: NEVER do what "others" are doing, because most of them are going nowhere.

recluse
In a class of his own

Post by recluse » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:53 am

I happened to view a PBS television article on mortgage re-finance
reform.
It appears what is happening is when the variable mortgages inflate
the interest rate,(men) run into default.
Then the banks re-sell the house for the basic principle.

The original owners Could afford the rate on the principle, but the banks,for some mysterious reason,will not let them have it at at that
price,but are willing to sell it to someone else at that price.

If someone could explain the operating principle behind that I would appreciate it, as I have seen it locally.

It appears this piece was written to shore up support for 'Bamas
new mortgage regulation laws.

Anyway...to finally come to what really caught my attention:
There was a feller in his late 30's bemoaning the fact he had put down $100k on the house and had an outstanding mortgage of $250k.

The bank was fixin to sell the thing to someone else for the $100k
principle straight up, but would not let him pay that price,even after 10 years of steady payments.(good history)

I often notice what is not said on these so called 'documentary's.'

The feller obviously had not bought that McMansion just for himself.

During the long interview there was no mention of his cupcake or where she had gone......

I'm guessing was there for the good times when the money flowed like water, but now has left for greener pastures.(Big Daddy)

That guy looked like he had been smacked with a ballbat as he

It sucks watching a healthy grown man cry!

Now to some random ramblings:

No one really owns anything we just possess it for awhile.
Stop paying the tax on that property and see what happens.

The ONLY thing that has real value in this world is the work that young physically fit men do with their hands and minds!

Often this only comes into a man's thoughts after he gets older.

Society has fooled us into thinking women have the greatest value,
when that is a fleeting illusion.

Just stop paying the mortgage on that McMansion and see where she goes.

kemistry

Post by kemistry » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:18 am

It took me years to get out of this, I was like 60k in the hole 5 years ago.

It's funny because the past few years where I work people were kind of amused by my lifestyle - making a good income and living on the poor side of town, ect.

With this economic downturn I'm finally out of debt while everyone else around me is sinking deeper. Now people aren't making as many smart comments as they used to. Life is a marathon, not a sprint.

I could afford a nice apartment and I would like that but I think I'll put it off for a year or two.

The trick is to invest in yourself and don't give them anything or let them live with you. I think it's fine to have an good life as long as it's in your best interest.

Don't get into debt to buy things to impress others because that makes your life worse, not better.

dsc
Sage Bachelor

Post by dsc » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:17 am

[quote](Move to Finance board?)[/quote]

Suggestion taken..

dsc
Sage Bachelor

Post by dsc » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:34 am

Great post, loser. I gave you +2 :)

dsc
Sage Bachelor

Post by dsc » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:55 am

About the car thing..

I remember reading somewhere (possibly Single Abroad) how he talked about how some young guys spend 40% of their disposable income on a hot car just to try to impress the chicks.

Then he talked about getting rid of that, buying a good, reliable, plain car for 5 or 6K and taking a trip or 2 per year instead to Thailand or the Philippines.

I first read this early in the MGTOW journey for me, but it seemed like great advice.

I don't even really need a car. I bought one in 1999 as I worked in a far out location in the city where I live. I've worked in the downtown core for close to 10 years now. Had I got my current job first, I wouldn't have bought a car and would saved 10's of thousands of dollars. Public transportation is pretty good where I am (as long as you don't have to go to some far-flung location).

But then I've always been a little 'different' -- even before discovering MGTOW/MRA..

dsc
Sage Bachelor

Post by dsc » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:19 am

This is a great suggestion by loser:

[quote]1. Your young years will flash past. Keep a diary, and password protect it. I did not do that and I regret that.[/quote]

I talked about this in the MGTOW forum recently:

[quote]As the end of each year approaches, I tend to get a little philosophical and I write in the personal diary files I keep.

I reflect on the past year. The things which went well. The things which could have gone better.

When the decade was ending last year, I thought it would be an interesting exercise to create a spreadsheet and store each years major events in a seperate tab for the past decade.

2000-2009 I was in my 30s. I went through the exercise of putting down the highlights/major events of each year.

I wish I had thought to do this in my 20s it would be interesting to occasionally review where I was at each year.

For the guys in their 20s you might want to consider doing this exercise. Its kind of neat to revisit where one was a few years ago.

However, it will be neat when Im in my 50s and beyond and look back at where I was in my 30s & 40s.

I really only spent a couple hours per year on this now. Its not meant to be another chore, after all. Its just for my personal interest.

Anybody else do anything similar?[/quote]

http://www.mgtow.proboards.com/index.cg ... 411&page=3

Prodigal Son
Legend Bachelor

Post by Prodigal Son » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:00 am

I can honestly say, hand on heart that I have no debt whatsoever and I've never bought into a lifestyle like most of my peers either.
No, I live my life for me and women have no effect (or place) in my world. I shut them out long ago and the door shall remain shut until I die.

This is a fantastic post, many thanks to the community for what is excellent reading!
PS

Madsen
Happy Bachelor

Post by Madsen » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:11 am

Recommended books:
by Napoleon Hill
.....all time classic, seriously, buy a copy THIS WEEK
by Robin & Dominguez
.....great for qualifying the relationship between your life energy and money and what money gets you; helpful to "reframe" how you feel about money without getting too Zen about it
by George Clason
.....another classic, outlines how even an average working man can achieve success with money

dsc
Sage Bachelor

Post by dsc » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:44 am

[quote]Recommended books:
by Napoleon Hill
.....all time classic, seriously, buy a copy THIS WEEK
by Robin & Dominguez
.....great for qualifying the relationship between your life energy and money and what money gets you; helpful to "reframe" how you feel about money without getting too Zen about it
by George Clason
.....another classic, outlines how even an average working man can achieve success with money[/quote]

You can download 'Think and Grow Rich' from here:

http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/tagr.htm

I'll see if I can find the last one later (your description of it piqued my interest).

dmitry
Bachelor Awareness

Post by dmitry » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:47 am

Nice post loser,
It's good to have solid evidence to look at.( I mean facts-like you make x amount of cash) Especially for us young guys. There are many role models on this forum for me and I cannot stress how important it is for guys of my age.

The advice about writing a journal along with pics is a good one. I will start doing this from jan1 2011. +1

2wize
Legend Bachelor

Post by 2wize » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:53 am

Wow, lots of replies. :)

Yeah, when I was in my early twenties, dating this fine chick, I made $350 a week, working my ass off. I got paid on Friday and by Monday morning I was bumming money for cigarettes.

Now I have my own business and I actually rarely work much anymore, because I more value my freedom. (Taking what I like to call "early retirement".) I still get my bills paid, buy all of the things I need (and many of the things I don't need. :)) and most of the things I want.

No wasting money on fancy cars and gas and looking sharp and buying gifts and on and on, and no working 60 hours a week to pay for it all.

extraycrom

Post by extraycrom » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:12 pm

If you have debt, make sure it's manageable.
If you have expenses, make sure it's manageable.
If you are free from debt, try to stay that way.

The bottom line to me is don't allow yourself to become enslaved to debt (or marriage) and enjoy your life as you see fit.

nous
Probie

Post by nous » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:22 pm

Just my 2 cents.
I owe much of my wisdom to the advice found on this forum.
Many thanks to the many wise men who post here.
I would like to thank particularly Spockdisciple, Prodigal Son, the glorious Cristopher in Oregon and Extraycrom.
I am 21. Completely debt free. Bought a used car for 5K. One check. Work as an entry level engineer. I bust my ass at work.
I am going to start my masters in engineering next fall.
I save 2/3 of my income. I avoid women like the bubbonic plague.
I avoid most of my peers who are only interested in partying like animals and having mindless sex with those pathetic imitation of females we have in the US. I mind my own business but I have friends who have already helped me out in hard times, and viceversa.
Plan on getting an MBA eventually and start my own engineering firm, after I get years if not decades of experience in my industry.
My ultimate goal is not to become rich, that's icing on the cake, but the become the best engineer I can possibly be.

dsc
Sage Bachelor

Post by dsc » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:53 pm

[quote]become the best engineer I can possibly be.
[/quote]

That's a great attitude.

Mastery of a worthwhile skill set should always come first.

The money will follow..

astroxss

Post by astroxss » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:48 am

[quote](Move to Finance board?)

I wish personal finance would be required in school as much as history or math is. I think it would set people up for a quality life much more effectively.[/quote]

O, yes !

totally agree with you.

Funny how school teach u different kind of complicated math or chemistry which will not be necessary for most people, but fail to teach life-skills.

astroxss

Post by astroxss » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:56 am

[quote]
+1 .[/quote]

This is what i have realized by my self and i wish there was person who told me when i was small kid.

Today i have deep respect for people who dare to be different , who dare to stand out of crowd, who dare not to follow.

People who are going their own way :)

[quote]Society has fooled us into thinking women have the greatest value,
when that is a fleeting illusion

Read more: [/quote]

[quote]Don't get into debt to buy things to impress others because that makes your life worse, not better.

Read more: [/quote]

You don't have to be rich to be successful, you do have to be wise with money and know it's value.

Read more [url]happybachelor.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=finance&action=display&thread=6496&page=1#ixzz19TzilWFt[/url][/quote]

Needs more attention ;)

astroxss

Post by astroxss » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:34 am

Now i regret every penny i have spent.

If i haven`t spent so much money i would own one room apartment in new built house without debt at age 22 !!!

I regret buying even 15 year old car. today i would buy cheapest car that moves
I regret buying expensive suits
I regret buying expensive computer
I regret spending money on woman
I regret buying new sports motorcycle every year
I regret not living frugal
I regret eating out and mot making food at home

But i`m in my early 20ies and i have learned lesson will correct my mistakes

Prodigal Son
Legend Bachelor

Post by Prodigal Son » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:06 am

[quote]Just my 2 cents.
I owe much of my wisdom to the advice found on this forum.
Many thanks to the many wise men who post here.
I would like to thank particularly Spockdisciple, Prodigal Son, the glorious Cristopher in Oregon and Extraycrom.
I am 21. Completely debt free. Bought a used car for 5K. One check. Work as an entry level engineer. I bust my ass at work.
I am going to start my masters in engineering next fall.
I save 2/3 of my income. I avoid women like the bubbonic plague.
I avoid most of my peers who are only interested in partying like animals and having mindless sex with those pathetic imitation of females we have in the US. I mind my own business but I have friends who have already helped me out in hard times, and viceversa.
Plan on getting an MBA eventually and start my own engineering firm, after I get years if not decades of experience in my industry.
My ultimate goal is not to become rich, that's icing on the cake, but the become the best engineer I can possibly be.[/quote]

+1 Nous and congratulations!

You're learning well and I can't tell you how happy it makes me, a fellow Happy Bachelor to know that there are men out there that will listen to what the community has to say because unlike the vast majority of women we DO have your best interests at heart. Nous, I've tried to guide and help men in the "real world" just to see them fall by the wayside or become yet another statistic in this ongoing war with the matriarchy but the way I see it is simple; most men are destined to fail. Yes, that's right and they're destined to fail because they're unwilling/unable to leave behind all that they've been brainwashed into believing over the years. I have to admit, that for me to do so? it was incredibly difficult because it really leaves you questioning life and for a while I thought of it as a "betrayal" to have been told all that I was growing up but in the end I realised that I was told all of those things because men are not meant to be free in this society, freedom is an illusion to all but the most determined and intelligent but it needn't be an illusion to a man that's willing to go his own way and forgo a lot of the things that society expects/demands of you.

As a deaf person, I've always been somewhat different from others and my "norms" aren't quite perhaps the same as those of hearing people. In my culture there's a lot of things we do differently and I genuinely believe that my being different has saved me from the attention/drama/manipulation/control of women because I don't subscribe to what's "expected" of me and often question and try to come to my own understanding of the world in which I live but women don't like that for they can't have the slaves running amok and thinking for themselves you know! One thing I've always found really peculiar (and quite funny) is that I'm forever told by women that I'm either really attractive or a "nice guy"and though they don't want to date me they'd LOVE to be friends with me... yeah right, why would I want to be friends with YOU? what can you offer ME?. I generally do everything within my power to avoid women as do you and I also go out of my way to avoid the majority of men who in this world seem to be slaves not just the system but to women also. I've forgone many of the things that I'm "supposed" to have and neither drive nor have a big house, public transport is good enough for me and my average home in an average part of town is perfectly fine too. I work hard and save/invest profusely and already (at the tender age of 23 years old) I'd go as far as to say that I've reached a state where I'm quite self sufficient in more ways than one for I'm very frugal and choose to live well within my means and learn from others as much as I can. It's a great honour that you feel you've learned something from me because that is what makes this worth all the while, just knowing that I've helped other man in the community and that in turn helps me for my time here is both a learning and teaching journey that I'm enjoying intensely thus far.

Nous, if you remain loyal to the principles which are guiding you at this point in time then I can see no reason as to why you will not become rich in the future but what does being "rich" mean to you. Is it a means to an end or a tool that will secure your retirement as it is for me? I save/invest as much as I do so that I can retire and have more options in my life and not be working away in my 50s/60/s/70s as now seems likely for a great deal of people here in the United Kingdom. I wish you every success in whatever might come your way and know that you always have a friend in me. When I think back on where I was a few years ago and to where I am now the change has been marked for I've changed beyond all recognition and I sincerely believe that I've changed for the better. My being part of this community has given me an understanding that's set me free and I hope that it's done the same for you. You probably know by now that I've never drunk, smoke, done drugs, had sex or anything else like that and though many would probably try to ridicule or shame me in everyday life I know that it works for me and one of the most important things a man has is his health for once it's gone? you're not likely to get it back.

I wish you everything good in this world, best of luck in your journey.
PS :)

khankrumthebulgar

Post by khankrumthebulgar » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:00 pm

The movie Borat is funny. There is a bit in it that is amusing. Borat the character aka. Sacha Baron Cohen the Jewish actor is talking to an Automobile Salesguy about a car. He is told it is a "pussy magnet". So in another scene he asks. "Where goes the pussy magnet??". A friend of mine bought a couple of years ago, the top of the line BMW SUV. I asked him "Where goes the Pussy magnet??". He laughed and said, Here Wiseass!

I told him to stop pursuing Merchant Maureens who want to drop their anchor in his Wallet. That he has enough "game" to get a hot babe without trying to buy one. All that leads to is trouble. One of my acquaintances is a "loser" according to Feminists.

He came to the US with less than $50 in his pocket. He is worth billions of dollars. Women consider him to be a "poor catch". He does not drive a fancy car. He has a "Sovereign Passport". He lives low key except in his business deals which are in the billions of dollars.

Two of my partners just tried to negotiate the sale of Six Supertankers of Oil. They keep a low profile. One drives a Lincoln pick up Truck. He says K you need to get you one of these. He owns 3 jets. He owns 11 homes. Both of these Men's bios are on Forbes. They are still cautious with their money.

One forgot he owned a $10 million Office building at a prestigious address. They are both married Men in their later years. This is their last rodeo. But it will be huge.