Dealing with Parents/Family over your MGTOW views

Roughneck Jase
Sage Bachelor

Post by Roughneck Jase » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:47 am

G'day guys,

There's a question that has come up in my mind in recent times regarding our MGTOW/anti-feminist views and our parents and family members - how do you explain your views about the way the opposite sex acts and treats men in the West and the damage of modern feminism has had on Western society without causing your parents and/or family members to explode in your face?

When I express my views on the way Western Women acts and behave and the damage modern feminism has had on the Western world over the past 4 decades, my parents (both of whom are "Baby Boomers" - dad born in 1950 and mum born in 1951 respectively) they don't like what I say about the current state of affairs by saying to me that "not all women are like that" as well as say that I "don't have enough experience with the opposite sex" and that "I don't put myself out that much" to those views. I tell them that I do have a considerable amount of experience with the opposte sex and how they treated me and the majority of men in their teens and 20s with reasons like the why I got the "friend zone" from the opposite sex since I was a teenager to now i.e. being a "good guy"/"nice guy" (believe me, getting the "friend zone" and ignored as a dating option does give you a lot of experience as to how the majority of Western Women in thier teens and 20s treat the majority of thier male peers in the same age group. I've returned to being the "nice guy" as part of a personal social experiment of my design on order to confirm the MGTOW, anti-feminist and MABTW literature since 2008 and since then, I've found out that the MGTOW, anti-feminist, and MABTW literature says about "nice guys" getting snubbed by the opposte sex rings true on all levels) as well as my experiences with the girls on my university campus and the large amounts of feminist propaganda that floats around the campus, especially in the university courses I did (I've been doing Politics courses for a Politics BA for the past 4 years).

Keep in mind that I'm not trying to turn them over to my way of thinking, I'm only explaining the reasons why I hold these views and beliefs so that they don't think that I'm a "woman-hater" and that what I say and my reasons for embracing the MGTOW path are legitimate. Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

mako7

Post by mako7 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:14 am

My parents say the same things. "You haven't met the right one yet" and so on and so forth.

I have found it easier since I have done quite a bit of traveling to say I prefer foreign girls or girls from country X because they are nicer or more traditional (fill in the blank). That usually shuts whoever up and seems to be an acceptable answer that doesn't shove MGTOW in anyone's face or provoke an argument. That is what works for me though YMMV.

mrr

Post by mrr » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:27 am

[quote]My parents say the same things. "You haven't met the right one yet" and so on and so forth.

I have found it easier since I have done quite a bit of traveling to say I prefer foreign girls or girls from country X because they are nicer or more traditional (fill in the blank). That usually shuts whoever up and seems to be an acceptable answer that doesn't shove MGTOW in anyone's face or provoke an argument. That is what works for me though YMMV.

[/quote]

That's a good answer. What I do is say absolutely nothing. Here's how it plays out with me.

Person: Why aren't you married?

Me: I've never seen a woman worth marrying. Moreover, I don't like being a slave to a woman.

Person: You just haven't met the right one yet!

Me: *Turn my back and walk away*

Works everytime. And since I am pretty thorough on the physical level I don't get too many people "forcing me" to do anything. ;)

Roughneck Jase
Sage Bachelor

Post by Roughneck Jase » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:57 am

I also forgot to mention to you guys that another factor behind why I didn't get a girlfriend througout my teens and into my 20s is because I followed the "friendships with girls would lead to relationships" approach (something I picked up from my parents as well as from other people).

Instead of getting a girlfriend, I got the "Friend Zone" and was ignored and/or forgotten by the opposite sex I befriended. If it wasn't for me discovering MGTOW and MABTW two years ago, I would still be a desperate sucker that would be "ripe for the picking" for the same kind of women that spent their teens and 20s ignoring me and giving me the "Friend Zone" while they chased after "bad boys" and "thugs".

What my parents don't understand is that the rules and landscape of the dating game has changed over the past 30-40 years and the game favours the opposite sex and the bad boys and thugs that make their panties wet from excitement. Also, they don't factor in the law and the ease a woman can lay a restraining order on you, which makes things a whole lot more difficult because these things can fuck up your future job prospects as well as prevent you from getting a passport (not to mention, I could loose my Firearms Licence and the firearm I currently own if a restrining order was laid onto me).

Roughneck Jase
Sage Bachelor

Post by Roughneck Jase » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:04 am

[quote]My parents say the same things. "You haven't met the right one yet" and so on and so forth.

[/quote]

mako7,

What catches my attention in regards to my parents when I express the reasons why I'm critical of the way Western Women act and behave (from they way they approach dating and relationships and how they treat their fellow human beings) and modern feminism is that when they say "not all women are like that", "you don't have enough experience with the opposite sex" and "you don't put yourself out there that much", they are trying make out that I'm the one at fault and that I'm the one that has the problems and not the opposite sex.

IMHO, what my parents say are total cop-outs because they don't know what guys like myself go thought with the opposite sex and that they don't know what the majority of girls are like nowadays.

tehheroiczero

Post by tehheroiczero » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:31 am

Whenever I get asked questions like this from my parents and other family members, I just tell them "I think I'll wait until I go to another country before I consider dating" and "I would starting dating when I reach my thirties", after which I begin to smile inside.

That usually keeps them quiet, and also tells them that I wont be messing aroung with western skanks any time soon.

rgibb

Post by rgibb » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:41 am

"don't have enough experience with the opposite sex"

You're parents are 100% right and you should listen to them. Now ask them to fund your around the world trip so you can gain that ever so valuable experience with women. Make sure you stop in every country.

superbad
Sage Bachelor

Post by superbad » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:23 pm

"to marry" from girlfriends, society, parents, friends, relatives, classmates, co-workers etc over your entire life that it is less than what you will endure DAILY with a wife LOL. thank your parents for their advice and keep going your own way.

Roughneck Jase
Sage Bachelor

Post by Roughneck Jase » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:48 pm

[quote]"don't have enough experience with the opposite sex"

You're parents are 100% right and you should listen to them. Now ask them to fund your around the world trip so you can gain that ever so valuable experience with women. Make sure you stop in every country. [/quote]

rgibb,

I wish I could ask them to fund a around the world trip for me but we have a slight problem with money (bills, my older brother asking for loans just to keep his young family afloat). I hope that I get a job with the Australian Public Service (namely in government departments that send people overseas) after I graduate from university so that the Federal Government of Australia can finance that trip ;) :D

hhb
Sage Bachelor

Post by hhb » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:15 pm

Gentlemen,

I was very blunt with my parents when I told them I will not get married. My mother had a problem with it. It is her problem.

HHB3

arcangel911
Sage Bachelor

Post by arcangel911 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:01 pm

I am currently dealing with this issue and have to side with Spocks and RNJ.... my parents do not understand why I am still not married. And I sadly am constantly "blamed" for the reasons why. As in Saturday night, we went to a severely overpriced restaurant and the waitress was apparently checking me out since I refused to notice her. This led to a ugly discussion on the way home, since apparently, I had to "go out on a limb and try" for this waitress.

Sadly being blunt and showing them proof; Seattletimes, Newsweek, WSJ and various other sites, just doesn't seem sink in for them...

superbad
Sage Bachelor

Post by superbad » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:39 pm

, when you're close to people, like parents, they tend to get in your business. a wife is infinitely worse and will micromanage a man to death. MOST men i know got pushed into marriage by others. but these others are NOWHERE to be found when the guy has to suffer through nagging, working himself to death, bills, kids, errands, arguments, divorce, etc. most married men wish they were dead but are living in denial. they trade being glorified errand boys for a piece of aging p*ssy attached to a horrific bitch. if the law allowed it i'm sure most men would jettison their wives tomorrow.

with parents (like women) it's best NOT to get sucked into their "reality". don't try to explain anything to them. thank them for their advice, get a serious look, tell them you will go think on it, and then go play some xbox. at my age (40's) nobody asks me anything. i lived with a handful of nice women and never got married, so obviously it's _MY_ fault. big deal! superbad never got married... what an assh*le! words sure beat being married. matter of fact, next time your parents ask why you're not married just blame ME. tell them you joined the superbad cult and it forbids you from marrying.

henrytudor

Post by henrytudor » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:58 pm

, when you're close to people, like parents, they tend to get in your business. a wife is infinitely worse and will micromanage a man to death. MOST men i know got pushed into marriage by others. but these others are NOWHERE to be found when the guy has to suffer through nagging, working himself to death, bills, kids, errands, arguments, divorce, etc. most married men wish they were dead but are living in denial. they trade being glorified errand boys for a piece of aging p*ssy attached to a horrific bitch. if the law allowed it i'm sure most men would jettison their wives tomorrow.

with parents (like women) it's best NOT to get sucked into their "reality". don't try to explain anything to them. thank them for their advice, get a serious look, tell them you will go think on it, and then go play some xbox. at my age (40's) nobody asks me anything. i lived with a handful of nice women and never got married, so obviously it's _MY_ fault. big deal! superbad never got married... what an assh*le! words sure beat being married. matter of fact, next time your parents ask why you're not married just blame ME. tell them you joined the superbad cult and it forbids you from marrying.
[/quote]
Leaving the oven on is infinitely worse.

henrytudor

Post by henrytudor » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:14 pm

[quote]I
I think the problem here is the rose colored glasses effect, the older we get the more "fossilized" our perception of the world becomes, (my parents friends are all over 65) and so we insulate ourselves from seeing generational changes.

As for friends, I put them on ignore if they choose to comment on my private life, which isn't any of their concern.[/quote]

Mixing age groups wouldnt matter. Bitches know when to be on their best behavior.

Modelautoman
Sage Bachelor

Post by Modelautoman » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:07 pm

[quote]I am currently dealing with this issue and have to side with Spocks and RNJ.... my parents do not understand why I am still not married. And I sadly am constantly "blamed" for the reasons why. As in Saturday night, we went to a severely overpriced restaurant and the waitress was apparently checking me out since I refused to notice her. This led to a ugly discussion on the way home, since apparently, I had to "go out on a limb and try" for this waitress.

Sadly being blunt and showing them proof; Seattletimes, Newsweek, WSJ and various other sites, just doesn't seem sink in for them...[/quote]

Arcangel, I got flak like you got all the time from a grandmother
and an aunt on my father's side of the family. I was their favorite
but at times like that I did not want to be their favorite. They got
so blinded by their favortism of me that they couldn't stand the
idea that their "favorite" grandson/nephew did not have a girl-
-friend.
Being constantly blamed for the reasons why such as not
going out on a limb and trying for this waitress you mentioned
to me was shaming language. When you showed your parents
those articles pertaining to your reasons for being single and
that it didn't sink in with them, it tells me something else. They
are sending you the message to "man up" to take chances
despite adverse conditions. Their idea is "stand up and take
a chance like a man." It is a living hell, I know.
More and more I dread visiting my parents for similar reasons
though they don't know of my MGTOW ideas.
Parents think that what is going on today won't happen to
"their boy." Parents tend to exalt their kids too much. To the
point of unrealistic expectations too.

MarcusAurelius
Professional Bachelor

Post by MarcusAurelius » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:49 am

roughneck, I understand where you are coming from. I've dealt with this too. But my parents have SEEN how insane the women I've had relationships with are, and that, coupled with slow and deliberate explanations, I have surprisingly conivinced even my MOTHER that what I am saying about AW's is correct, to the point where they, if I decide to pursue it are even willing to help bankroll foreign adventures to seek out what this country lacks, good women. I simply told them that I was a mysogonist, not because I want to be, but because I have NO CHOICE. Laying out the facts, 50% of marriages end in divorce, 70% of the divorces are initiated BY women...things like that...helped in my case. But just understand, as others have said, and you yourself said, because they are older...not knowing what it is REALLY like...they just think we are pessimists.

stainlesssteelrat

Post by stainlesssteelrat » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:28 pm

All of my relatives stopped asking me about women and marriage years ago. I live about a thousand miles away from most of my immediate family (highly recommended) and see them a couple of times a year on holidays etc.

I think I'm considered the "Odd" one in the family, oh well, what do I care.

Also, I'm 98% sure that my sister considers me a bad influence on my nephew. Screw her, I'm just trying to educate the young man.

arcangel911
Sage Bachelor

Post by arcangel911 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:34 am

stainless- I am having the same issue with my younger brother. My advice and tales of adventures and woe in the world of women, have saved him a world of pain, but the parents are catching on. And I agree with you on moving away from family, I have learned that while I am away, I don't have to deal with so much crud. Sadly, I am rather handy around the house and my parents needed help remodeling and repairing the house... Younger brother is musically inclined; tool inclined, not so much.

Spocks and modelautoman- thank you for your ideas and support. Sadly those topics ring all too true lately of ancestors, grandchildren, religion and now apparently faith. ( My parents want me to start seeking religious advice and counsel on the matter.) Apparently, praying for good health, good investments, scantly clad foreign women and great beer... is apparently not what I am supposed to be praying for.

Also saddens me that I, being 30 this year, will have many more years of dealing with this issue.... oh the joy.... :roll:

Superbad- with my parents in the religious fold as they are, "cult" is probably not the best word to use. However, I could say that I belong to the SB's Church of women on their knees.... it's a working title... got any better ones? ;)

And how is your "man"ifesto coming? You could make it like the ten commandments...

superbad
Sage Bachelor

Post by superbad » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:37 am

sounds good . i forgot to reply earlier. my "man"-ifesto (hehe, cool name) is coming along well. i will need others to critique it. i like technical writing and have never done anything of this nature.

happyghost

Post by happyghost » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:54 pm

rouchneckjase said:

[quote]saying to me that "not all women are like that"[/quote]
When anyone (family, friends, manginas, women) give you this line, just use the happyghost "hand grenade analogy".

This problem involves the fact that the vast majority of hand grenades will kill you if you pull their pin, let their handle fly off, and then hold them in your hand and wait awhile. But, A very small percentage of them are duds, and won't harm you.

So the problem for you to solve is to look at a big box full of hand grenades, and somehow select one of the 1% of them that's a dud, and then pull its pin, let its handle fly off and hold it and wait awhile.

What's that, you say? That'd be crazy because there's no reliable way to tell the duds from the live ones until you've already "committed" to one, with fatal results for blind-choosing one of the bad 99% instead of the good 1%? You protest that the choice is utterly blind, the odds of making the wrong choice are insanely high and the consequences are devastating?

Exactly. The tiny number of ACTUALLY GOOD women can be precisely emulated by AWFUL women who are just acting during the pre-marriage "bait phase". And thanks to our thoroughly sexist, anti-man divorce/family/DV laws and courts, a bad woman who was acting good can DESTROY YOUR LIFE after the wedding is over.

THAT is how you respond to the "not all girls are like that!" bullshit line.

(Feel free to spread that analogy far and wide).

MarcusAurelius
Professional Bachelor

Post by MarcusAurelius » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:29 pm

LOL....happyghost....I love your posts man, hahaha

weitzfc

Post by weitzfc » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:51 pm

i remember when the old man asked me when i was going to get married and settle down. i said pop , you know , i don't want to hurt your feelings,but i rather be beaten half to death by a hand ax, than be married in this day and age. lord when i was eighteen, my main goal in life, was to punch as many women in the pants , as possible , until the day i dropped. i used to go into bars , and see men ruined by their bad life choices, and quite frankly i didn't want that to happen to me.

recluse
In a class of his own

Re: Dealing with Parents/Family over your MGTOW views

Post by recluse » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:14 pm

The song remains the same.
A good three years later and still free!

No amount of shaming language is going to weedle me into doing something against my will.

Perhaps this year will go easier if I can just remain silent and composed.

Really,does this sort of argument even require rebuttal?

recluse
In a class of his own

Post by recluse » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:19 pm

Any temptation can be easily quashed by going through the false DV documents.
I have them in a briefcase right by the computer,the notices from the State Police,the notices from the district court, ect.

I never did pay the local cops to serve her subpoena,the bastards delayed the serving past the court date.
(Female desk officer)

The system is so rigged against men,no one could believe it until they've been through it,most of those guys never talk about it.

Another 4 years of misandrist VAWA lawz.

Best not to say anything when the folks prattle on about "finding a good woman."

Roughneck Jase
Sage Bachelor

Post by Roughneck Jase » Sat May 18, 2013 2:12 pm

I was wondering, what's the standard operating procedure for dealing with older brothers who have more sexual experience than you and constantly rub that in your face on a regular basis?

I've been copping a bit of flak from my older brother for quite some time over my lack of success with the opposite sex and my reasons for taking the MGTOW/Happy Bachelor path. He keeps on saying that I'm "too stand-offish"(my older brother doesn't listen to what I have to say and he thinks that I act in a "stand-offish" way around the opposite sex), that "I need to get laid" (i.e. he dangles the offer of taking me to a brothel. He wouldn't even take me to a strip club when I was in my 20s and he pulls that piece of bullshit in front of me now) and that "I'm gonna die a virgin" (he said that "you're gonna die a virgin" line to me recently and I replied that "I don't fucking care" to him. I feel that I gained some man points from saying that).

IMHO, I think that my older brother is jealous of me still single and enjoying the freedom bachelorhood gives me in my life. Besides, I'd rather go to Eastern Europe, Latin America, and Asia and shag the women there than play "nice guy" and get the "friend zone" or jump through a shitload of hoops just to get some poonani here in Australia (since I'm a licenced firearm owner and male, the authorites, society, and the legal system see me and men like myself as persona non grata. In short, I'm in a double bind).

Any advice in dealing with older brothers who look down at you and your reasons for taking the MGTOW/Happy Bachelor path would be helpful. Thank you.