I told myself I would never get married as a kid

lineinthesand
Probie

Post by lineinthesand » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:32 pm

Did anybody else do this?

I remember being a nine-year old sitting in my bedroom down the hall from my dad and stepmother's room listening to her harangue him about about some trivial nonsense night after night and thinking, "Why would a man willingly marry one of those things?. I am never getting married."

It just seemed so bizarre to me at the time. I couldn't understand the logic of marriage.

I used to repeat that in my head over and over before I went to sleep..I am never getting married, I am never getting married..

Than the haze of puberty and hormones hit and I forgot all of that. I wasted my best years chasing worthless women, getting used, wasting money on them, getting cheated on, etc.

Somehow, someway, by the skin of my nuts, I managed not to get married though. I am now in my mid-thirties and it looks like that nine-year old was a wise man indeed.

I think as children we see things with pure, uncorrupted eyes, as they really are. We just forget.

My father put his little sexpot over everyone..his kids, his friends..she never worked, she just sat around and bitched, ate and went shopping with her stupid daughters from her first marriage.

A few years ago I heard my stepmother cheated on my paralyzed father with a personal trainer from the local LA fitness and left him...

Most women are pure evil folks...

future303
Happy Bachelor

Post by future303 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:10 am

I did this.

I remember even at age 6 I had already said to myself I would never get married. My parents used to fight up a storm when I was a kid.

They stopped serious fighting when I was 20 and started calling out their psychological bullshit piece by piece (which has curiously been successful).

I don't really blame them, married as 17 year old kids because it was "the thing" to do, along with all the stupid "gotta follow traditions" crap in my culture.

But it was a struggle in my mid-late teens when I desperately wanted to have a girl in my life. I kept telling my brain to shut the fuck up everyday, and I did it, never went out on a single date, ever. I came close once when I made the mistake of telling a girl I liked her and she said yes to a date. Anyway the date never happened because I backed out. She told me on the phone she would slap me if I had been physically in front of her lol.

That experience hardened me, and my desire for a woman was never as strong from that moment on.

I particularly hated when I would get "crushes", and for 2 weeks I'd be sick to my stomach because I wanted to ask a particular girl out. That also went away, and sometimes I get it for a day or two, and then it's gone.

Devoting myself to my career and my religious beliefs have helped out trememdously. Just reading the Bible (actually reading it, not taking in stupid ass commentary from clueless preachers) have made me realize how the Jesus of the Bible is worthy of being called God. I know he is the one who has taught me all I know to this date about himself, and about life in general.

sjenner
In a class of his own

Post by sjenner » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:19 am

After watching my father struggle with two jobs working 7 days a week stressed out and constantly angry and irritable, I never wanted to get married!

future303
Happy Bachelor

Post by future303 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:53 am

[quote]After watching my father struggle with two jobs working 7 days a week stressed out and constantly angry and irritable, I never wanted to get married![/quote]

That's one thing, my dad has always been a great dad!! He genuinely loved me since I can remember. He taught me how to be a good man myself, and we hardly ever fought about anything. The few fights we had were mild, and very intellectual. I'm proud of him and proud of being his son. I thank Jesus everyday that I still have him with me, and hopefully will for decades to come.

dsc
Sage Bachelor

Post by dsc » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:13 am

Welcome to the forum LITS.

I knew I never wanted to marry either as a kid.

My story (in short) is I had a bitchy, dominant, popular older sister & a dominant (albeit a little less bitchy, but manipulative) mother, along with a withdrawn father.

I remember my father just crashing out on the couch after work and not wanting anything to do with anybody. I knew before age 10 that I did not want to end up the same way!

I had very bad acne as a teenager. Painful at the time because of people's occasional unkind words and, of course, it didn't make one popular with the girls.

It's all a blessing I see in retrospect.

hillmantoo

Post by hillmantoo » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:26 am

AHHHHHEEEEMMMMMM. Hack Hack.

But, not all women are like that...

teotwawki3
Bachelor Awareness

Post by teotwawki3 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:38 am

Well my folks were great, in fact I never saw them disagree or fight in front of any of us kids. They always stuck together on matters of discipline and are still married. I literally had 1.0 version as my model growing up. I even made it >20 years in my marriage which I thought was good until the bottom dropped out. I worked hard was devoted to my family and did not have a clue what it was really like out there. Part of the difficulty is opening my eyes (taking the red pill) and really seeing how bad men in general have it. Seeing reality has been incredibly painful for me.

I feel sad for all the children who did not have a stable two parent household growing up. I also feel sorry for myself because I was woefully unprepared for what it is really like out there. I actually had a nice girl and not a marriage from living hell, she really WAS "not like other girls". Even when you get one they can still be poisoned, turn on you and go off.

It is a systemic problem, the system is rigged to blow up marriage. Our family was very much focused on home and family when my youngest got to where he was pretty independent my wife started spending more time with other things, book club, facebook. She started talking to old girls from junior high and high school (all divorced at least once) being more social. In hindsight that is when the poisoning started.

So no, I did not have one of those moments, I always wanted to get married and have a life like my parents...

Armageddon15
Bachelor Awareness

Post by Armageddon15 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:56 am

Yes, I remember saying when I was a kid that I would never get married because it seemed "annoying." I was a little genius back then!! Yes our sex drive and societal pressure causes most of us to question or even back off on our instinctual beliefs, but since we've managed to find this website we'll be fine.

stampede

Post by stampede » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:42 pm

After seeing my father suffering every day because of my mother's mood swings, I have sworn never to have kids or get married as I have had enough grief for one lifetime.

I am following a path to being a healthy, happy batchelor, busy with hobbies, friends and business, there will never be a day I will say "I made it" - it's all a journey and not a destination. There have been many setbacks, and there will no doubt be many more, but as long as I'm taking two steps forward before I take a step back I will continue to take heart :)

Modelautoman
Sage Bachelor

Post by Modelautoman » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:10 pm

I actually made that same statement at 11 years-of-age. Did date on infrequent
occasions and came dangerously close to marriage 20 years ago but the statement
I made in early 1973 won hands down. Here I am still a bachelor.

extraycrom

Post by extraycrom » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:15 pm

When I was young I wanted to get married, but I wanted more than one wife. I wanted two or three. I knew I couldn't have that in the US, so at the time, I settled for four friend girls, and no exclusive relationships.

It worked out ever better!!!!!

dsc
Sage Bachelor

Post by dsc » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:17 pm

[quote]When I was young I wanted to get married, but I wanted more than one wife. I wanted two or three. I knew I couldn't have that in the US, so at the time, I settled for four friend girls, and no exclusive relationships.

It worked out ever better!!!!!

[/quote]

Could you imagine having 4 wives like in some of the Muslim countries?

Aye carumba..

stampede

Post by stampede » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:29 am

[quote]
I sometimes feel the paternal instinct kicking in to keep hope, look for a nice girl and have children, which is probably why I will get a vasectomy so I don't make any stupid mistakes.[/quote]

I asked my doctor for this a couple of years ago. He won't send me for it :(

Was 28 back then, now 30. Gonna have to try him again. One moment of weakness on my part is enough for some bitch to have a legal grip on me, my house and my wallet for 18 years +

lavastorm

Post by lavastorm » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:51 am

I was torn.

My parents have been happily married for over 30 years. They would fight but it was silly arguments and never devolved into a breakup.

But as I grew up, I wondered why girls, despite following my parent's advice to be respectful to them, placed me in the friend zone or ignored me. My parents told me to keep trying.

The PUAs whom I befriended in college were the first to show me the truth about women. Any fantasies that I had of emulating my parent's successful marriage evaporated. The bachelors whom I met later in life, visiting pro-male websites, reading, self-reflecting and experimenting (via behaving cold and indifferent to women resulted in them chasing me) were the final straw.

I am grateful that I woke up before it was too late :)

future303
Happy Bachelor

Post by future303 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:48 pm

Every woman who's tried to put me in the "friend" zone gets a rude awakening: They practically get a mannequin for a friend lol. I've never had to bother cutting any women out of my life. They do it on their own when they realize I turned into a T-800 to them.

alabama777

Post by alabama777 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:51 pm

That makes me sick. :x Such women are total wet blankets. The kill all male ambitions. They leech off of society and on the backs of men.

A little off the subject, I accidentally caught a little news tonight on abc (all bitch channel). First news story, women are the majority in college,,, they still aren't paid as much as men. "THIS MUST STOP" from the mangina newscaster.

We all know why this is (becoming a popping mama, lazy, under developed brain, LITTLE AMBITION, taking tons of days off, gossiping tons when their is work to be done and the fact they totally lack any type of focus). What really happened is that they have worked themselfs out of any constructive endeavor. Just like the warden in Cool hand Luke, This is the way they want it, WELL, THEY GET IT. Don't ever feel sorry for them. People make choices. American women (and most women on the planet) have chosen to be this way). They are being left behind in the dust while America sits and wastes time. Sooner or later, other countries will/are going to insist to take their share of ownership. China has started. All brought to you by feminists.
:x

ubermensch
Professional Bachelor

Re: I told myself I would never get married as a kid

Post by ubermensch » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:24 am

Prostitution is the answer. If you do not want to get a vasectomy - I really would prefer not to get one myself, due to the absolute finality of the act and my stubborn unwillingness to have an operation that simply should not be necessary (famous last words ...) - so, use prostitutes for sex and no one night stands - the ugly truth is that prostitutes are probably cleaner than their contemporary bar sluts - prostitutes have a professional incentive to remain healthy enough for their clientele - bar sluts don't give a fuck - herpes is like the common cold to them - I've heard of staggering statistics regarding teenagers in the west - around 25% of them have some form of STD. And prostitutes are more likely to insist on condoms and have little incentive to get pregnant; especially if you use a cheap hotel and carefully hide your identity.

On topic, my parents still struggle through their marriage - my father is from "Mangina Central", but he does have some spine - he loves my mother dearly, however she simply never reciprocates; as a result, he is a very bitter and angry man. But, they're still together - they took their vows reasonably seriously, although my mother has cheated on him at least once. They kept their dysfunctional marriage pretty well secret and it wasn't until I was married myself (at 19, as we were a religious family) that I had my eyes opened to the reality of their marriage and marriage as a whole. I had five "good years" of marriage myself and five shitty years - it wasn't worth the price. I lost the remainder of my innocence when I divorced and the pain and humiliation has not yet completely abated after five years - most likely due to the fact that I married so young and had not really fully grown into manhood.

Marriage? Just don't do it.
"I don't want a wife and I don't want kids. I'm 36 and if I met a woman of my own age and married her, I'd also be marrying her former life, her past." - Henry Rollins, 1998.

Boy
Bachelor Awareness

Post by Boy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:25 am

Just recently started thinkig , have you ever seen such thing as HAPPY marriage ? Anyone ?

ranger550
Happy Bachelor

Post by ranger550 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:33 am

stampede wrote:After seeing my father suffering every day because of my mother's mood swings, I have sworn never to have kids or get married as I have had enough grief for one lifetime.

I am following a path to being a healthy, happy batchelor, busy with hobbies, friends and business, there will never be a day I will say "I made it" - it's all a journey and not a destination. There have been many setbacks, and there will no doubt be many more, but as long as I'm taking two steps forward before I take a step back I will continue to take heart :)
Amen to that. My mother became an alcoholic during my youth, and my father was a too meek to put her in her place
or get her some help. I grew up knowing I never wanted to have children, nor ever be tied down by a marriage.

Marriage=Grief.

freeman
Bachelor

Post by freeman » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:06 am

I knew instinctively that I was never going to get married by the age of about 8. I was dead serious about it, too. When I told my father this, he exclaimed (in Sicilian) "are you going to be left over for seeding?" (it sounds better in its original language). Back then, I felt insulted and frustrated that my youth prevented my father from taking me seriously.
Now, at the age of 44--and still single--you better believe he takes me seriously!

freeman
Bachelor

Post by freeman » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:19 am

stampede wrote:After seeing my father suffering every day because of my mother's mood swings, I have sworn never to have kids or get married as I have had enough grief for one lifetime.

Good words.

freeman
Bachelor

Post by freeman » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:22 am

Boy wrote:Just recently started thinkig , have you ever seen such thing as HAPPY marriage ? Anyone ?
No, because I believe that if you join two people together for long enough, they will eventually get on each others' nerves.

karis 254
Probie

Post by karis 254 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:10 pm

I knew from my childhood that marriage is a slavery to man. Bachelorhood for ever.

recon187
Happy Bachelor
Location: home of the 9 time UFC Welterweight Champion of the world.

Post by recon187 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:15 am

My folks best friends lived two blocks from us and they had no kids. I realized early on that even though they made the same income, they seemed to live in a better house drive nicer cars and trucks, and boats. I figured Kids where the difference and since my beliefs were not to have kids unless I was married I just decided I wanted a better lifestyle. stayed single and traveled the world. one of the best decisions I ever made.
Slow down when your boxing. Don't be in such a hurry to get beat up. ~ Matthew Hughes.

Psychotherapist
Legend Bachelor

Post by Psychotherapist » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:52 am

Saw a customized license plate holder on the back of a Civic today. At the top it said "Marriage is Grand", and on the bottom it said "Divorce is 100 Grand".

The truth will set us free.