Selfishness is a healthy trait in Bachelors.

smogboy

Post by smogboy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:06 pm

+1 spocksdeciple

It drives me crazy that when I am just trying to preserve my sanity and be myself that women and manginas make the bad guy for being "selfish". Irks me to no end.

Madsen
Happy Bachelor

Post by Madsen » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:08 am

Everyone is selfish even if they don't call it that --- even Mother Teresa did what she did because a) she felt better helping people b) felt closer to her concept of god, etc etc ... She definitely wasn't there in India hating her life and thinking "oh man how much longer do I have to do this?"
We don't consciously choose to worsen our own situation ... even things that may look like sacrifices to other people are to the person doing them preferable to some alternative.

sjenner
In a class of his own

Post by sjenner » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:43 pm

True- being selfish as long as you do not cause harm to others and create value in society is ok. I do not view being a wise and happy bachelor selfish- rather it is wisdom to avoid the dangers. Much like avoiding walking into a beartrap or exploding building.

hhb
Sage Bachelor

Post by hhb » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:18 pm

Guys,

Just recently I was to that I was selfish by a mangina for not getting married. I told him that their is no social contract that men have to get married. You should have seen his expression.

Selfish = Independent bachelor.

HHB

sjenner
In a class of his own

Post by sjenner » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:35 pm

I tuned out manginas and skanks and PAMS- they are morons and they can wallow in each others pain. I like selfish joy!

christopheroregon
Legend Bachelor

Post by christopheroregon » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:26 am

Amen, brother Spock.

Selfishness is a VIRTUE!

God knows it MUST be since all women practice it!

I have been accused of being selfish by countless women. BFD! I am selfish, and damn proud of it. Most men have been programmed to lay down their lives for God, country and the Matriarchy.

I refuse.

I'm in it for ME, and only ME. However, I do sound the warning to other like-minded men... but women? Screw the bloody lot of them.

CIO

Longshot39
Bachelor

Post by Longshot39 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:52 pm

There's actually a book called The Virtue of Selfishness by the late Ayn Rand. The truth is most people are selfish by nature, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's only when you start hurting other people to get what you want, that it becomes a problem. A lot of women use selfishness in a taking way, only doing what benefits THEM. They don't care if pretty much everyone else around her is miserable as long as she gets what she wants.

Giving can also be a selfish act, because you enjoy seeing people you care about receive the gift or help. The selfishness of a business owner has the generous effect of selling goods and services to people, as well as creating employment. It's only when selfishness becomes greed that it's a problem, and also something most people, especially women, fail to understand.

outcastsuperstar
Legend Bachelor

Post by outcastsuperstar » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:05 am

Here was a good comment made by thousandmilemargin in the thread called selfishness is a virtue

If you tell people that you have no intention of settlling down, getting married and having kids, because you want to concentrate on enjoying life and developing yourself, they may well accuse you of being selfish. Why not simply agree? Yes, I am selfish - but you say that like it is a bad thing. I am a human being. I believe human beings have value. So I have value. Not just whatever value I may have to someone else as a slave or a lapdog or a trophy. No, I have value because I embody certain positive aspects of humanity. Like independance, determination, creativity, curiosity, playfulness even. That should be all I need to justify my existence. No, hang on, why should need to justify my existence at all?
It's funny how people are willing to agree that an oak tree standing in a park has inherent value just because it's there and it's big and strong and majestic. But a person has to do things for other people in order to earn the air they breath.
Makes you wonder if people actually believe in the worth of the individual, or just say they do.

You may have heard it said that Feminism is just Communism in disguise. Because it's all really about groupthink, about taking resources from those who earned them and giving them to those who "need" them. It's the triumph of "compassion" over justice - it is one more manifestation of all those "isms" that tyranize the individual in the name of the community.

Well what do all the "isms" have in common? They hate the individual. They believe that the individual should sacrifice themselves for the sake of some perceived greater good, whether it is God or the Motherland or the Community.

What is it that bothers women about a bachelor? Especially a happy bachelor? The fact that they are not under any women's thumb.

How selfish.

outcastsuperstar
Legend Bachelor

Post by outcastsuperstar » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:06 am

lordmacgregor writes

Well, I soon realised a pattern.
Every time someone, most of the time a woman, accuses you of being selfish, you're doing what that person wants. It's just another shame concept.

But here a few question :
- If you don't take care of yourself, who will ?
- If you don't do what you want, how will you get what you want ?
- If you don't do what you want, how can you be responsible for your actions ?
- Who will always have your best interest at heart ?
- Who really knows what you want ? (that one is tricky, because the correct answer is surely you, but you have to work, to be self-aware)

Hhb3
Sage Bachelor

Post by Hhb3 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:33 pm

Spock,

So true.

[quote]A true Bachelor is selfish, he has to be, nobody else is going to look out for him. A true Bachelor is also independent and relies on nobody else to support him and doesn't have an expectation of being a burden on others.

Manginas on the other hand are ones who are always whining on about how we all need to share, they expect others to help no matter what. They're the ones who say "women and children first" above all else and are the ones who tell other men that paying more taxes is a GOOD thing because it helps the "needy" and the "poor".[/quote]